Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Wheeldock on 09 SG today

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed mine last week when it was nice. I have an 09 SG. I will try to answer some of the questions. I also will compare it to the VwowV stand I had on my 07 EGC.

1. It was VERY easy to install. I mean like 2 minutes to get it on. It slid right on and then there is a clamp with one bolt. Even a caveman could do it.
2. This thing is VERY heavy duty. Very nice.
3. I have the streamliner passenger floorboards on - they do not interfere at all, but they have to be in the Up position to deploy the center stand. AFter it is on the stand, you can flip the floorboard down.
4. It is easy as pie to get up on the center stand while sitting on the bike. Easier than the VwowV was for sure. It pops right up. The trick is to STAND on the spur with your left foot and lock your knee. You actually STAND on it. You do NOT pull back on the bars at all.
5. If you leave the bike in gear, there is no way it is coming of the stand if someone pushes it.

6. Here is my one complaint - the VwowV was adjustable (and cost less). This one is not, and I think it is just a LITTLE too high. I could not drive off it in my garage (very slick floor, but the VwowV worked). The back wheel just spun. It was touching, just could not get traction(this is a brand new bike keep in mind).
Now, out on my driveway, where it is not perfectly level- it worked great. My guess is when I get my wife on the back, it will work great, because that will put more weight on the back. That is the only time I would want to use it anyway- it is for her to get on the bike easily. I do think the thing should be like 1/4" lower. I would not return it, I would just take a grinder to the bottom of the pads.

Overall, I think it is very nice. I would never have a bike without a center stand again. After the pullback bars and Mean city seat, it is the best mod you can do.

Last edited by Lowridin packer; 02-13-2009 at 12:56 PM.