Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone considering moving OUT of Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster3171
Yeah, but you can't afford to buy a house in San Dog or anywhere in California. Just left there 3 years ago buddy to come to Arizona.
No thanks!
Good point. I can buy twice the house in Chicago for the same money I'd pay in San Diego.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Sore
Hey 2Sore,
It's about 15F in BV right now. While that's better than Commie Town, I mean Chicago, it is still a bit nippy out and not really 2 wheel weather. Oh, and Arkansas is Gun Friendly. I'd say even more so than Texas.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:38 PM
2Sore
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yep Doc..but..it's gonna be 52° on Saturday.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes its cold here... thats not the problem, the problem is that I cannot ride my scoot! I will (if I could) move anywhere I could ride 12 months a year! Your right Shrink, if youoculd move you would be gone, I would be too... but I have been at my job for almost 10 years and I cannot leave and start all over. As far as the gun laws, those are only in Chicago itself. And that also depends on what kind of job you have..... some people have no gun laws, and others scary as it sounds dont care what the laws are... man the City is crazy, but where I live although it may be colder, Northern Illnois, its not that bad.. I mean if it didn't snow how would Santa come????

Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
dricke63
Advanced

Kansas isn't no better today, 9 degrees out there

Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
irons
Intermediate

Chicago is one helluva city, I can see why it is hard to leave. I was born and raised outside of Detroit, so I can relate quite a bit to the weather woes. I moved to Memphis a year ago and love every bit of it. The hardest part is the distance for family, especially for my kids and their grandparents. I don't have to winterize the bike at all here. I'm also willing to ride down to 35* so the season is considerably more open.

If you won't be flying back home from where ever you land, find someplace that is a days worth of driving away (different for everyone else).

Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer

I was born and raised in LA, moved to Washington state -- the desert part in South Central area on the Columbia river for a few years and then back to San Diego area and now I'm back in Washington state! The desert part of the state get's it cold spells, but only for a couple to three weeks at at time -- cold today, but mid 60's and golfing all last week under the bright sunshine! San Diego was fun, but housing prices and taxes and state income tax made no sense to me anymore -- too much money going out the door and I'm a Native Californian! My entire family has left the So Cal area due to the cost and my brother recently moved his business out of So Cal as taxes were getting so bad and good help harder and harder to find. So Cal is fun, don't get me wrong, but I like to keep the money I make not give it away in taxes! My buddy says it this way about living in LA: When you make a 100k a year and you feel poor, something is wrong.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

46 posts. 44 members whining about how cold it is. I'm from upstate NY where an average winter is 160 inches of snow. I lived in Chicago for 6 years and will always believe it is the finest big city on the planet. I currently for work reasons live in S.E. PA where it is 12 degrees.

It's just weather...get over it!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona
Weather like that is literally depressing to me. Even as springtime approaches you have weeks of 30-40 degree gray/rainy days that are just intolerable. Add to that your cars rotting off the frame from the salt used on the roads for the snow, etc and the mosquitos that molest you viciously if you try to sit out at nite... The humidity... Yuck!
Thanks a lot, I decided I was going to try and have a more positive attitude about winter in Michigan this year. You make me want to go out and buy a rope.

Rick

Last edited by Egldr05; 01-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
hadaz
Novice

Left Chicago in January of 1988. Was out riding my bike today on the streets of Phoenix.

Quick Reply: Anyone considering moving OUT of Chicago?