Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 w/Power Cmdr and (Jackpots or... Fatcat)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Stage 1 w/Power Cmdr and (Jackpots or... Fatcat)

Ok... yes trying to make a decision here on which way to go. Going the Stage 1 route here very soon on the new EGC. The Power Commander is a definite from Fuel Moto and the S/E Hi-Flo filter obviously. What's not so obvious is the pipes. I was pretty well dead set on Fatcats. Outstanding quality, fit and finish and they add nicely to the lower end grunt and I had on my Road Glide. Now I start to read all the posts on the new Jackpots from Fuel Moto. Yes yes I know. NOT a 2/1 system and I'll "loose" since they (stock headers) are in theory anyway, power robbing. However, after reading alot of posts here and the positive comments I'm wondering. Not to mention, going with the full package from Fuel Moto, I'm looking at $659 delivered complete. If I go the Fatcat route, I'm looking at roughly $1100 complete. $500 can buy alot lol. On the other hand, I want to do this right and only once. I'd had to buy and then rebuy and our friend Steve aka Maineultraclassic the Pipeking has done lol. Steve, if ya read this pal... you have been crowned bro!

Ok... comments, suggestions or ?

Thanks
BB

Old 01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The power gains look very good from the FF power package. Guess it's mainly a matter of whether you'd be happy with the sound of the Jackpots.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Kind of what I am wondering and no one around here has them that I know of.... kind of like pis*ing in the wind lol.... hit or miss.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Fuel Moto has a couple vids on their site (via Youtube), but just of the bike being revved, not being ridden. Some very positive user reviews on this site but as always, one man's meat is another man's poison....

Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Twin.. I've seen them and wish they were of the bike being ridden, it'd help a bit more.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say you would be happy with the Jackpots, I attached a picture of them on my bike for you. They look good and sound Great. Final numbers for me off the Dyno with Jamie's package was 77HP and 92TQ. Don't have a ton of miles on it yet since the WX went unpredictable after I put them on. But every time I ride it I love it.

Attached Thumbnails Stage 1 w/Power Cmdr and (Jackpots or... Fatcat)-pipes.jpg  
Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Kielbaso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get this set up, please post back and let us know what you think. This is the same rig I am looking to get. From the charts, the power and torque are obvious. Just leaves the sound. I have listened to hundreds of Youtube videos and I can barely tell the difference between pipes.

I am saving my pennies to get the SE1, PC-V and the Jackpots. If I beat you to the punch, I will post a summary of my thoughts. If you get them, let me know what you think.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

I'll post for sure if I go that route. In listening only on you tube comparing the jackpots on an bike and idle and a bike with fatcats at idle with a tad of throttle... the Fatcats are much deeper. Then again, we don't know about the specific baffles etc on the Jackpots.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

on the fatcat site they say no tuner is necessary for the 09's with ther boss slip ons and zipper air cleaner.

Last edited by leohd; 01-14-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Leo... I'm running an 06 EGC I just picked up with a whole 895 miles on it lol.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 w/Power Cmdr and (Jackpots or... Fatcat)