Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Radios

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009 | 12:04 AM
toolman44092
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2of2
I went with the Biketronics Sony head unit. For 20 bucks extra I got the USB hub that allows me to play MP3s from a jump drive. No need for Cds or ipod. It doesn't get any easier than this
That jump drive doesn't vibrate itself loose when riding?

Old 01-15-2009 | 12:36 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by toolman44092
You beat me to it! That was my first question!

Old 01-15-2009 | 05:50 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

How many on here have installed aftermarket radios in place of their HK units? I'm interested in hearing what you did and how you hooked it up. I know there are some companies making install kits that allow you to use the factory handlebar controls on the aftermarket radios. I'm looking to go to an aftermarket radio that is XM capable and will allow me to use the factory controls.

I'd love to see pics if you have them and if not, a description of what you did along with total cost. Thanks!
Here's the list:

Alpine X-100
ARC mini amp
Alpine component speakers
iPod video
Hawgwired bezel
Hawgwired radio cradle
Hidden antenna from Kragen Auto Parts (works perfect BTW)
Still waiting for firecap's handlebar module and I also have some of that Dynamat Xorb that I will install when I get that module from Cap.

All I did was run a power and ground wire from the battery to the fairing. I used an existing wire from the headlight to get the wired remote turn on for the amp and radio.

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Thats what its for.
The plug hole has a V shape to it.
This is how the Biketronics kit works..it acts as a steering wheel remote.
I called everyone who makes that module, some told me it wouldn't work with my X-100 and some told me it might control a few features. I'm sure the one from PAC would work, but it has to be wired in, it's not plug and play. I was just going to go with the PAC one, but then Firecap decided to make one for Alpines that's just about plug and play so I'm waiting.

Old 01-15-2009 | 08:00 AM
2of2
Road Warrior

I have a couple thousand miles on it with no problems. I put a tether on it just in case, but it does not come out so I don't really need it.

Old 01-15-2009 | 10:26 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Here's the list:

Alpine X-100
ARC mini amp
iPod video
Hawgwired bezel
Hawgwired radio cradle
Still waiting for firecap's handlebar module and I also have some of that Dynamat Xorb that I will install when I get that module from Cap.

All I did was run a power and ground wire from the battery to the fairing. I used an existing wire from the headlight to get the wired remote turn on for the amp and radio.

I called everyone who makes that module, some told me it wouldn't work with my X-100 and some told me it might control a few features. I'm sure the one from PAC would work, but it has to be wired in, it's not plug and play. I was just going to go with the PAC one, but then Firecap decided to make one for Alpines that's just about plug and play so I'm waiting.
That looks like one sweet setup! I like the little speakers in the fairing where the voltmeter and fuel gauge go!

Dammit, now you put ideas into my head! And I don't have any money for an upgrade like that right now!

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:09 PM
solefood21
6th Gear

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Here's the list:

Alpine X-100
ARC mini amp
iPod video
Hawgwired bezel
Hawgwired radio cradle

Not to sidetrack, but you're on GMFS, right? Finally took the plunge on a 2006 FLHX! Badass!!!

Old 03-12-2009 | 05:39 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

That's right!
'04 Silverado SS