Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Going To Thunder Beach – Panama City?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Going To Thunder Beach – Panama City?

I thought I might try Panama City's Thunder Beach this year. We've tried Daytona Beach this past year, and frankly it was just a little too big and too wild. At 58 years of age, most of my wild days are behind me. LOL!! I believe they have two events, one in the spring and one in the fall. Thought I might try the spring event, but would like to hear from members of this forum before making solid plans. I did a search on Thunder Beach, but didn't come up with very much. Also, I'm in the Atlanta area and wondering if any of you that may be planning on going to PC are near here. Sure would prefer to go in a larger group, if possible.

Thanks for your thoughts and input!!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

I've been down to a couple of the events in PCB. Crowded indeed but nothing like Daytona, lot's of displays when I've been and multiple events at various spots. I've enjoyed it and the best part is I'm very close. I don't think you'll go wrong by attending. Jest my two pennies.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
rlyons
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We go both times every year and have a blast. The people there really want our money and welcome us every time. Front beach road is wall to wall motorcycles evry night. Come on down and you will be glad you did. It's only about an hour and a half ride for me.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
flhtupser
Tourer

I've been Spring and Fall the last two years and plan on making both this year. I'm 65 miles south of Atlanta and it's a great ride down there. Good events,vendors and people. If you go once I would bet on you making it a regular trip. Hope to see ya there.

Ride on!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Only about 130 miles for us to get there and we go whenever I'm not working on that weekend and I'm off for the spring TB this year so we'll be there. Some one should organize an afternoon get together for HD Forum members one day. Nothing fancy just decide and post where and when. Just to have a beer or two.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:24 AM
SlimsSG
Tourer

Originally Posted by dnitram
I thought I might try Panama City's Thunder Beach this year. We've tried Daytona Beach this past year, and frankly it was just a little too big and too wild. At 58 years of age, most of my wild days are behind me. LOL!! I believe they have two events, one in the spring and one in the fall. Thought I might try the spring event, but would like to hear from members of this forum before making solid plans. I did a search on Thunder Beach, but didn't come up with very much. Also, I'm in the Atlanta area and wondering if any of you that may be planning on going to PC are near here. Sure would prefer to go in a larger group, if possible.

Thanks for your thoughts and input!!
My wife and I, as well as another couple are heading down for the first time this year. Leaving Atl on Thur. and coming home Sun. Seems like a nice rally from what I've read. We've never been to the "emerald coast", so all of us are really looking forward to it. Also, this is in place of Myrtle Beach which we've done the past few years. Given all of the new laws we figured this would be a nice change of pace.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Great event with no registration or cover charge anywhere. Go to the website and you can see all the venues (6 I believe) that has vendors/events going on. Usually nice weather and you can never go wrong with a beach event !! Come on down !!!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:26 AM
WannaBuy
Cruiser
Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Panama City is Great.. Been there a couple times will miss this years as the weekend before is Leesburg and can't afford to do them both ... Might catch the one in Sept though...

Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 PM
TODDNVAL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had never heard of it until now. We will be in Panama city end of Feb, maybe we can get back down there for the ralley later on also.

Quick Reply: Anybody Going To Thunder Beach – Panama City?