Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Paint Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dealer has one coming this way later this month - thinking I'm going to move on it and put a smile on my face! The EGS with that black denim is sick -- gonna have to do it!

Old 01-14-2009, 04:27 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RockyTopRider
r8rs4lf that is a killa ride. the night train of the baggers. bad azz man.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by phattey
He says he cleans it with windex...states that's the product you're supposed to use.

Back to the topic...I'd get the black denim if it was in an flhx...
I heard that as well. Something like a half and half mixture of Windex and water is all that's needed to clean the bike. I myself have washed my bike once since August. Most of time it's just dusty so I take a chamois and rub it all down.

I was looking for a SG in black denim. Of course HD doesn't make it in that color, reason why I went with the EGS. I'm glad I went that way anyways because I have an aftermarket HU and speakers with an amp that sounds 10X better than stock without having to toss out the factory radio which in turn means tossing out $$$$. Also, I'm not into chrome.

Originally Posted by gunner11
I love the black, if it has some swirls so be it. It's got scars like me
Exactly! I really don't care how my paint wears. I'm over all the shiny paint jobs and blinged out chrome. I'll take primer over shine anyday!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
badblue
Cruiser

denim is awesome. Do not use abrasive cleaners or pads and it will not shine. everything comes right off with soap and water. No swirls or little scratches. Best paint I have ever had on any vehicle.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:35 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the look but have heard some bad stuff about the finish its new so there is

always something -ride safe

Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 PM
richnakol
Cruiser

i have the pewter denim, easy as can be to clean. no more scrubbing or buying hd bug removal spray. soap and water and the bugs fall off. I swear it!.....love this paint.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I love that flat demin black. Looks great on that Standard r8rs4lf. I saw one in my dealership. 09 Model for $18499 out the door. No sales tax. I was so tempted. But I couldn't get jack for mine because of age and mileage. Maybe next year if this economy turns around.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:26 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were at the dealership recently and I was talking about how my next buy will have the black denim. The mgr calls me over to a denim bike. He states that they have had quite a bit of trouble with them and runs his fingernail across the tank, leaving marks. The marks wouldn't wipe off. I played tic-tac-toe right there on a tank...just little white lines all over it.
Then we went to the main dealership store. Here it was different. They invited me to fingernail-drag across four different denim bikes...nothing. No marks. No lines. Just real cool paint. The salesman told us that the other store uses Showtime cleaner/polish on all of their inventory. This product has wax, and that it is only this wax that is scratching. He told me the manual indicates what can and cannot be used. He stated that he uses Windex. He also said the mgr at the other location is a moron and has been told what he should use on the denim paints. I'm a believer.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM
anicely
Cruiser

Had my 07 SG done in black denim. The paint has flat clear mixed in with it. Easiest paint I've ever maintained. I clean it with McGuiars Quick Detailer. Spray on and wipe off. I've been on rides through three straight states and the only mark I have is from a small rock that barely scarred the front fairing.

Attached Thumbnails Black Denim Paint Owners...-sg.jpg