Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more news from myrtle beach

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:21 PM
hawg50
|
Tourer
Default more news from myrtle beach

WWW.Myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com should check this out.

Last edited by hawg50; 01-13-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: to complete address.
Old 01-13-2009 | 05:37 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Try this one:
http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/ordinances.html

http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/faq.html

I wonder if this website is even real? Other websites are not reporting the same info....yet maybe?

lp

Last edited by lp; 01-13-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2009 | 05:47 PM
THABULL
Road Master

Screw'em , never have understood why someone would want to ride a motorcycle where there is more stoplights and traffic than they are curves. When I get on my bike I want to get as far away from that stuff as possible , so no big loss to me.

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:00 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't need anymore convincing.

Myrtle Beach says bike week is no more....

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/loc...ry/469514.html

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:05 PM
bjryman
Tourer
Default Recent Visit to Myrtle Beach

Wife and I were in Myrtle Beach in November when all these new ordinances were being voted upon. We talked with riders that own an eating establishment and others.....the new rules are real, though a bit watered down from what was originally on the table.

According to the locals the REAL issue driving this is the bike expo held on Memorial Day. That is a weekend that draws thousands of tourists from the South East States. The other rallys are conducted "off season" so really add more revenue and do not conflict with the other tourist venues.

Apparently, those running the Memorial Day weekend biker fest refuse to move the dates and have threatened to sue the City. Soooooo....the only way the city felt they could handle it was to make rules for ALL rallys so onerous that almost none will come.

The rule about only two bikes per regular parking space and no trailers allowed in other than approved lots are both meant to stop about 1/2 the bikers from being able to come to the affair.

Too bad that all the rallys have been impacted by the one...though you'll never see that in writting down at the Beach

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:26 PM
mcipriotti
Stage IV
Wink just downtown

I heard that MBBW 2009 will go on, but when in downtown MB you need to observe the new lasws. Ourside of downtown, everything is the same. The Rat Hole has the rally posted on their main webiste and they advertise that they are outside of town. http://www.theratholeofmb.com/index.htm

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:31 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

I hope everybody boycotts....more room for me.

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:36 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

No Thanks, 25-somtimes 40 of us would head down and spend money, dont need to be hassled by the law, got enough problems.....

Everyone I know and come in contact with ,is taking it off there list, feel sorry for business owners who make there money with MBBW but politicians know whats best for us, just look at our borders.

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:40 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Now this is what I call targeting bikers,

Myrtle Beach is the same appealing destination that it’s always been, but you will be subject to several new ordinances. For example, you will need to wear an approved safety helmet and eye protection while riding your motorcycle within the city limits. Your motorcycle must have a functioning muffler and you will not be allowed to make excessive noise. At idle, motorcycles and other vehicles may be no louder than 89 decibels. You will need to present your license, registration and proof of insurance at all traffic checkpoints, which will be more common beginning in 2009. These checkpoints also may include noise measurements

Old 01-13-2009 | 06:45 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Living only a couple miles from the coast and within an hour of Ocean City Maryland, I never saw much in Myrtle Beach anyway.
I was never stationed there, but I have been told by some that the city used to give the Air Force types a ration of BS on a pretty regular basis too. Now the base is gone and they have lots of golf courses. I can't golf and ain't ready to be buried. Guess I"ll keep myself and my money up here in the more Northern climes. I'm sure some town will jump in and declare this same time period as their "Bike Week".

Quick Reply: more news from myrtle beach