Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our internet bought parts are fixing to get more expensive

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM
simsjam
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Internet taxes

Can you say Cash Cow? With the way the economy is going Local, State, and Federal are looking at new ways to get money. I predict it will be a Federal internet tax because state and local will be too hard for them to figure out who gets what. How else are they going to come up with all their "bailout" money to hand to the banks?

Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

I live in DE with no sales tax so my parents and friends ship their stuff to me...No tax!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I am enjoying the "no sales tax - on out of state - internet sales" crap. It's my small way of "sticking it to the man".
It's not going to last and I know it, but I am enjoying it while I can.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:54 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add it up. If you are typical middle class (whatever that means) and you actually pay income taxes, add state, sales, telephone, garbage, internet, medicare, FICA, property and every other hidden tax, you are probably paying well over 50% now. When the IOUs come due for Social Security and Medicare in a few years, we are screwed. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the "free healthcare" we got coming.

All I can say is I am thankfull the bike, truck, SUV and house are paid for, otherwise I would be Sh!ttin bricks. I don't live like a king but I don't fret the bank. We are headed for tough times and an internet tax is just adding insult to injury. Now go back to having fun.

spiz

Old 01-14-2009, 12:15 AM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default work Hard

Work as hard as you can, 10 million illegals and 40 milion welfare queens rely on your taxes...

And we haven't even started with what Uncle O'Blame-us is going to want to fund more welfare programs

Last edited by teqsand; 01-14-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by teqsand
Work as hard as you can, 10 million illegals and 40 milion welfare queens rely on your taxes...

And we haven't even started with what Uncle O'Blame-us is going to want to fund more welfare programs
Funding for welfare programs will be a drop in the bucket compared to what Bush is spending on the "Search for weapons of mass destruction". The run rate is currently $341.4 million per day.

Last edited by Geoff; 01-14-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

One good reason to live in MT. NO SALES TAX!!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

BigSkyHd, i knew there had to be SOME reason j/k i'm sure its beautiful out that way!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by teqsand

Obama has recently admitted all his promises might never happen or if they happen at all, will take much longer to manifest.

Hell, that should come as no surprize to any savy voter. Anyone with any brains already knew we face more problems than any one man can solve.

Why have we lost the instinct that we each are able to survive when tested?

What we need is a leader who can actually lead us and meld us into a homoginous force that can overcome all that threatens us.

Last edited by oinker02; 01-14-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:48 PM
badlandr
Road Captain

If and when the "Internet Tax" goes into affect you'll see alot of Ecom businesses dieing.
Why would I buy from a retailer if I can buy the same product at the same price in a local store? (Tax + Shipping= Local Retail)

Quick Reply: Our internet bought parts are fixing to get more expensive