Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lamps

Is anyone running these on their FL. Are they $140 each? and how do you like them?
Thanks, *****
They are an HD part http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Attached Thumbnails Fog Lamps-68913_98_m_9f70.jpg  

Last edited by Willy G.; 01-13-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

***** what is the part # please. the link doesn't work....

Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

if it's the 68913-98B lights then they ROCK!!!

very wide beam pattern as should be expected from an elongated light such as this one.

I had them on my 06 RK and loved them. The only thing I hate about my new Ultra is with the lowers I have no place to mount these. You will find yourself seeing things off the sides of the road that you would have otherwise never known was there. Best testament in the world would be riding at night in the hill country around here and seeing a pair of eyes staring at you 20 ft off the side of the road about 4' tall.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain

Link fixed.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

very wide beam pattern as should be expected from an elongated light such as this one.

I had them on my 06 RK and loved them. The only thing I hate about my new Ultra is with the lowers I have no place to mount these. You will find yourself seeing things off the sides of the road that you would have otherwise never known was there. Best testament in the world would be riding at night in the hill country around here and seeing a pair of eyes staring at you 20 ft off the side of the road about 4' tall.
Good to hear, They're way less than the passing lamps.
Did you pay $140 for each or a set?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

It's hard to believe that HD or the aftermarket haven't come up with a good driving/fog light for an Ultra or any bike with lower fairings. The only alternative is Motolights. Anybody else got a suggestion?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, have them installed w/o linking them to the lighting system. HD will install them NOT to work with hi beam or passing lights.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

oh sorry.. that is for the set of lights with all wiring, relays, and on/off switch... IMHO, one of the best things I ever did to my RK

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 01-13-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

sorry not to hijack your thread WillyG but does anyone out there have the Motolights that they would like to share their expereinces with us? I wouldn't mind spending the $$ for them if I had to but I don't know anyone who has them nor do I find very much information on them around here...

1. Do the caliper mounted lights bounce as much as I think they would?
2. Are they bright enough as they are, or do you have to upgrade to the 50W bulbs?
3. The standard finish, does it match the standard fork finish on a touring bike?

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 01-13-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

sorry not to hijack your thread WillyG but does anyone out there have the Motolights that they would like to share their expereinces with us? I wouldn't mind spending the $$ for them if I had to but I don't know anyone who has them nor do I find very much information on them around here...

1. Do the caliper mounted lights bounce as much as I think they would? No, there is no noticeable "bounce" at least on the roads I ride on in Georgia.
2. Are they bright enough as they are, or do you have to upgrade to the 50W bulbs? I ordered them with 50W bulbs at no extra charge and they provide more forward light than the OEM headlight.
3. The standard finish, does it match the standard fork finish on a touring bike? It's a dead-on match IMO.
Here's a link to my Motolights installation thread with pictures:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ics-added.html

Last edited by Harleypingman; 01-13-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Fog Lamps