Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V "ROCKS" on 09 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Power Commander V "ROCKS" on 09 Ultra

Just installed my PC V & Fuelmoto A/C this weekend and what a night and day difference in power performance and the "heat" what heat...is gone. After 125 miles of testing riding in twisty back roads and freeways on my 09 Ultra it is running like a champ!

With just over 2K miles on the bike now, I have never experienced so and felt so much power being unleashed by this TC 96 motor since the first day I bought it...and the heat is way down...

One very surprising data that I also discovered is my fuel mileage still averaged at 44 MPG...wow!

Thanks Keith for you help, and Jamie--I have not spoken to you live on the phone yet, perhaps when I call back for some additional questions later on.

The PC V, the FM A/C, and my monster Ovals slip-ons and Fuelmoto's custom MAPs is what I have on my bike at this time.

For those of you sitting in the fence with the 09 FLHs models deciding if you want to pull the trigger on the PC V...let me tell you will not be disappointed. This is by far the best accessory that I have even spent my $$$.

- DC
09 Ultra, Arnott Air shocks, Monster Ovals, FM A/C, & Power Commander V--"ROCKS"

Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input and information. I have been sitting on the fence abit. Not so much for the PC V but for which mufflers I will use. Think I am going with the jackpots and getting the whole package from fuelmoto. Once spring is here and Xmas is paid for that will be my #1 plan!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 AM
aussiesport
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just as side question is there any benifit running the PC or THundermax on a stock 09 ultra???

Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good for you...

Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by aussiesport
just as side question is there any benifit running the PC or THundermax on a stock 09 ultra???
That's a good question, I am sure the folks at Fuelmoto will have developed a MAP for the stock 09 Ultra's. However, to make the most benefit from your investment, I would atleast recommend changing the stock Air Cleaner to a Stage I type.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Keith E.
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesport

That's a good question, I am sure the folks at Fuelmoto will have developed a MAP for the stock 09 Ultra's. However, to make the most benefit from your investment, I would atleast recommend changing the stock Air Cleaner to a Stage I type.

1. Saw a MAP yesterday for a stock set-up @ the PC Site

2. I'll be almost stock by the weekend hopefully with a PC V and Ness A/C

Keith

Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
myred55
Road Master

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
Just installed my PC V & Fuelmoto A/C this weekend and what a night and day difference in power performance and the "heat" what heat...is gone. After 125 miles of testing riding in twisty back roads and freeways on my 09 Ultra it is running like a champ!

With just over 2K miles on the bike now, I have never experienced so and felt so much power being unleashed by this TC 96 motor since the first day I bought it...and the heat is way down...

One very surprising data that I also discovered is my fuel mileage still averaged at 44 MPG...wow!

Thanks Keith for you help, and Jamie--I have not spoken to you live on the phone yet, perhaps when I call back for some additional questions later on.

The PC V, the FM A/C, and my monster Ovals slip-ons and Fuelmoto's custom MAPs is what I have on my bike at this time.

For those of you sitting in the fence with the 09 FLHs models deciding if you want to pull the trigger on the PC V...let me tell you will not be disappointed. This is by far the best accessory that I have even spent my $$$.

- DC
09 Ultra, Arnott Air shocks, Monster Ovals, FM A/C, & Power Commander V--"ROCKS"
Mind me asking what the cost was?

Old 01-13-2009, 05:09 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

myred55,

I just sent you a PM

Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Holy Cow! I put my FM A/C on last night after work and put the PC V on tonight and even though it was 30 degrees I had to take it for a spin and I got to say it is a noticable difference, much crisper throttle response. Jamie and Keith are awesome and any of you guys considering the PC V go for it!! It took about 20 minutes to install and I am **** so for anybody else prolly 10 or 15.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
Absolutely interested in hearing from others who would put PC-V and Stage I on '09 Ultra with factory stock pipes. Friends I ride with says that my stock pipes sounds real good right out of the factory. Just tadbit curious about the power and crisper throttling many others say made a difference on their bikes.

Curiosity's killing me,

Thorey

Quick Reply: Power Commander V "ROCKS" on 09 Ultra