Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best price on S/E Heavy Breather?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by skydoc
Get the S&S "Double Heavy Breather" (also comes in black). NO chronic leaking breather caps like the SE version!

Why does the SE one have chronic breather leak problems? Is it the seal on the head mounts or? Thanks

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 AM
skydoc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Breather caps leak oil due to poorly designed o-ring sealing. I've seen this issue on many bikes. It is also impossible to remove the breather caps without tearing the o-rings.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search here someone had them for $204.96, I want to say it was Surdyke HD but not sure.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 AM
hd0wner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
$200 PLUS shippping. Equates to about 30% off MSRP.

2000 miles on it, like new.

If he doesnt take it, put me second in line. Ill take it.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:39 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Hey Johnny - Haven't been on much lately. You know how it goes. As far as the sig pic goes, I haven't been able to figure it out since the site re-vamp. Bike looks the same, just missing the pistons, cylinders, heads, etc right now. Should be back up and making noise on Monday though. I have been out of town, and it's been sitting in the garage being ignored. They sure come apart fast!

I'm out of town this weekend, otherwise I would head over to Paradise and say hello. You're going to install that Heavy Breather yourself right? If not, please let me know. I'd be glad to help you out.

Zach
Zach, I'm going to try and go today. And yes, I will do the install myself. I was going to Paradise to talk to Carl about cams and a tune.

Get the S&S "Double Heavy Breather"
Not for that price, OUCH!

If you wanted chrome one... I could make you a good deal....
That's a good deal but I want black. Have at it guys.

Do a search here someone had them for $204.96, I want to say it was Surdyke HD but not sure.
Not Surdyke, and I did a search. Can' find it for that price. Anyone?

Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Why does the SE one have chronic breather leak problems? Is it the seal on the head mounts or? Thanks
So if the orings were a bad design, would a quality sealer like "The Right Stuff" or maybe a viton oring solve the problem?
Damn I was looking to get this breather but dont want any leak issues with the breather. Been there done that on the Evo.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM
skydoc
Banned

It's the **** poor design of the machined o-ring grove in the mounting plate. I've seen breather caps fit loose enough to rattle. Should be a fully sealed screw cap instead of an o-ring push fit. Oil taking the path of least resistance onto the side of your clean, shiny bike!

Last edited by skydoc; 01-13-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Norm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skydoc
It's the **** poor design of the machined o-ring grove in the mounting plate. I've seen breather caps fit loose enough to rattle. Should be a fully sealed screw cap instead of an o-ring push fit. Oil taking the path of least resistance onto the side of your clean, shiny bike!
I thought the MoCo recently came out with a fix for this concern. I remember reading something about it on one of the HD bulletins. Maybe a search would come up with the bulletin number.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm
I thought the MoCo recently came out with a fix for this concern. I remember reading something about it on one of the HD bulletins. Maybe a search would come up with the bulletin number.
Is there any info on this? I'd hate to buy one and be pissed off. What are my alternatives that aren't ridiculously expensive? I've seen very few styles like this that aren't priced like there a one of a kind.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Norm
Cruiser

Do a search posted by dawg. Subject: Heavy Breather users. He referenced and posted a copy of the HD Bulletin.

Quick Reply: Best price on S/E Heavy Breather?