Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009 | 08:43 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheShrink
Only when I'm in a state that requires it. Anyone have one of these? http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dothelmets.htm
That's exactly what I use. Good helmet.
Wish I had found this one first and I would have
saved a lot of money on the now unused helmets
that I have collected over the years.
I have one with 3 snaps so that I can use a half
faceshield if raining while traveling.
Love this helment and now I wear always
Ride Safe!!!

Old 01-12-2009 | 08:47 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

I live in FL ... no helmet law. I mostly wear 1/2 helmet carbin fiber. If riding in inclement weather, I may wear a full face just to keep the rain out of my face. It has to be pretty bad for that though.

Old 01-12-2009 | 08:50 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Same one I use too. I actually went to thier shop and they custom fitted my helmet to me. Great helmet. They give lifetime replacement on the helmet liners too. Great customer service and 15% discount to the military. DOT certified.

Old 01-12-2009 | 08:54 AM
dFREDb
Club Member

Even when my state dropped the helmet law for several years, I have always worn one. I just don't feel right without one. I own 3 (1/2,3/4, and FF Modular) so there's always one appropriate for the weather etc. I never wore a seat belt til it became law and now it feels strange not to. Guess I'm just becoming an old paw paw.

Old 01-12-2009 | 08:59 AM
Silverstone
Tourer

We have to wear one in the U.K. and I've had a few over the years from a firm called Davida. They have distibutors in the U.S.A.
Their website is davida.co.uk.

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:28 AM
stevepacman
Road Master

Check out the Scorpion EXO-100 3/4 helmet. Has the slickest little visor that pops down/up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOEfZ7iUieg

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:29 AM
deadbug
Cruiser

I live in Ma. and to the north NH & Me have no helmet laws. I use to pull over right away
to take helmet off but now I ride to where I'm going. I typically wear half helmets.
I'm now looking for one that's dot approv. and is not to bulky at the same time.
Carbon fiber mostlikely but have to see it in person can't order online.
There's a motorcycle show coming to Boston next month I 'll be shopping for a new one
there.

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:30 AM
stglide
Advanced

Only when I'm in a state that requires it. Anyone have one of these? http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dothelmets.htm
I have one great helmet.

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:34 AM
TMART
Road Master

I have always worn one,1/2 helmet,just feel naked without it,besides I want to see my grandchildren grow up,so I will take all the precautions I can.

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:59 AM
BrewGod
Advanced

Great Helmet, never liked to wear one before. Like others I went through alot. Didn't like the mushroom look. Their helmet is light and it looks great. I went with the polo in the natural carbon fiber color. Can't say enough about the helmet or the people that run the company...

Quick Reply: helmets?