Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall Rider Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Tall Rider Needs Help

I'm 6'6" and sit to far forward on my 2003 Electraglide. It really becomes a problem on long rides. Highway pegs are already adjusted as far out as they will go. I know H-D makes a tall-boy seat, but it only moves you back about 1/2" (according to the H-D website description). I've attempted to find other seats (mustang, corbin, etc.) and can't find one that would move me back 2" or so. I would consider a solo seat. I don't know, maybe I need a chopper, but I don't have the money plus I really like my glide. Any ideas?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6' 5" and around 290 lbs.

I bought a Corbin seat that puts me about an inch lower and 2 inches further back. I was able to go to the Hollister factory and have it custom made. They'll make it to order if you tell em what you want. Not the best solution but it did help.

Good luck,

Krusr

Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 PM
temporary1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'4" with a little over a 34" inseam. I have a 2006 RKC and I just bought the tall boy seat. While it did only move me back 1/2" or so it also moved me up at least a couple of inches. I wasn't sure myself if I would like it but I was lucky enough to have a dealer who had one in stock and let me try it first. While I am really comfortable on it I do ride much higher. I would really suggest you see if you can find a dealer who has one and see if they will let you try it first. I like mine.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Temp. I'll go to my dealer (Cape Fear in Fayetteville, NC) and see if they will allow me to test drive one. The two inches up may help also.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try meancitycycles, they will move you back, up, down, etc.. give them a call and see how far back they can put you.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
temporary1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also pay attention to your position in respect to your windscreen. I was about to cut mine because I couldn't see over it as much as I wanted, but once I put the new seat on it raised me up the perfect amount so that I didn't need to cut it. Make sure the reverse isn't true for you. If you are happy with your seat position in relation to you screen right now, a new higher seat might mean you may need a higher windscreen, which will add to the cost of the project. Just something to keep in mind.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 6'3" with long legs. The tallboy seat puts me in a good riding position, but it sucks after about 300 miles. I had a gel pad installed, and it helps some. I also put on the Kuryakyn EZ Shift levers, which really help with size 14 boots. They are longer and allow me to ride without my toes sticking out in the wind. The EZ Brake lever also helps, but they don't make one for the 09's yet.

PS: I have a EZ brake lever for 07 and earlier for sale in the classfied section if anyone's interested, half price.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

6'5" 36" inseam. I don't understand the Tallboy seat sitting you up higher. I wanted to sit down and back, so I use a Corbin solo, down one and back two. Bubba's Brake forward floorboards, extended shifter and brake, IndyCustom forward floorboard brackets, and Soos outward floorboard kit. Added bars to fit, and I am a vertically gifted happy camper.

But my indy has to sit on the tank to ride my bike.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corbin gets my vote too. I run the Classic Solo on my 08 Ultra. 6'3" X 34" long.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:24 AM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mustang

I am 6' 5" 220 and have the Mustang Daytripper on my RK. Sat me back about 2" from the stock seat, comfy ride even for longer hauls, and no complaints from my daughter or the wife on the passenger end.

Buzz

Quick Reply: Tall Rider Needs Help