Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyan Panacea Tail Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 PM
jskwarek
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyan Panacea Tail Lights???

One thing that I can't seem to find is one without the window or at least the window on the bottom. I have a RKC and have moved the LP to below the light so I don't want the window pointed up any more. I had this one order and it was on backorder and just canceled it on Friday to find something different since this has a window on top.

Jeff

Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I have the Full Kuryakyan Panacea Tail light set up,,, these are Not cheap by anymeans... However, I have been a firefighter for just over 33 years... I got them not only for looking "Cool" but if they keep just one *** H--- off my tail end - then every penny was worth it... The little dance they do when you apply your brake is a real attention getter and that was may main point (and they look cool)

BTW - M&M are great people to deal with..

Old 04-16-2006, 12:26 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Jeff,

I sent a PM to Doug on this, and I am waiting to see what tail light lens part number he bought.

Bob

ORIGINAL: jskwarek

One thing that I can't seem to find is one without the window or at least the window on the bottom. I have a RKC and have moved the LP to below the light so I don't want the window pointed up any more. I had this one order and it was on backorder and just canceled it on Friday to find something different since this has a window on top.

Jeff

Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Yes, I know that this will cost me a little bit. First off, i want to do ot for the safety factor, and second would be the fun factor. I want to do the blackout tail light, and the blackout turn signals too. I am not sure if I really need to do the front turn signals or not. Someone said that there could be a problem with the turn signals if I do not do front and rear both. I just need to know the correct tail light lens to get before I order this stuff.

Bob

ORIGINAL: harley0711

I have the Full Kuryakyan Panacea Tail light set up,,, these are Not cheap by anymeans... However, I have been a firefighter for just over 33 years... I got them not only for looking "Cool" but if they keep just one *** H--- off my tail end - then every penny was worth it... The little dance they do when you apply your brake is a real attention getter and that was may main point (and they look cool)

BTW - M&M are great people to deal with..

Old 04-16-2006, 02:39 PM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Jeff,

I sent a PM to Doug on this, and I am waiting to see what tail light lens part number he bought.

Bob
Hi Bob.

I decided to respond to you via this posting as opposed to your PM so that the response could be visible to others who also might benefit from it.
Just to be clear, my Panacea tail light does have a window on the top, BUT it's not clear. Also, very little light shines through it. The window is decorative in nature, not functional. The window is smoked and has some decorative fluting which I'm hoping that the new picture below will show. I love the looks of it. The reason that very little light shines through the window is because the LED's are behind the window (towards the rear of the bike - see pic below). Also, the only time that you would see any light through the window is when the bike is running. Who cares? Like I said earlier, the amount of light that shines through it is negligible.

I don't have the LED turn signals - I'm undecided so far as to whether or not I want them. All that I've done to the turn signals is install smoke lenses (front and back).

I got the tail light through M&M Cycles for $128, part# 4833. Hope this helps.

Doug

Old 04-16-2006, 03:17 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Doug - Thank you for the info. Did you also get everything to wire it up with the lens kit or was it extra??

Bob

Old 04-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Desert Rat
Advanced

Love the Panacea lights. Does someone have a url for M & M Cycles?

Thanks

DR

Old 04-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Desert Rat

Love the Panacea lights. Does someone have a url for M & M Cycles?

Thanks

DR
http://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm

Old 04-16-2006, 05:52 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

if you have questions with the lights, call Kuryakyan their customer service has always been great...

Old 04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com. This is where I bought my Panacea tail light and turn signals, and yes it is plug and play. Great service and reasonable price. Check them out.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyan Panacea Tail Lights???