Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fairing mount mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 AM
abqjim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fairing mount mirrors

I tried searching for this topic, but no luck; so here goes.

Does anyone have experience with the fairing mount mirrors harley makes for the dressers? (Part number is 91945-98A).
It seems to me like I can see behind me much better on the right side than on the left. (What would account for this,
anyway?) I'm thinking that the fairing mount mirrors might help with that, but I'm concerned that they may vibrate more
than the bar mounted factory mirrors.

I'm talking about the stock mirrors on the '05 Ultra Classic vs these fariring mount jobbies.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: fairing mount mirrors

Jim,

I had the fairing mounted mirrors on my 2000 Ultra and loved them. They did not vibrate at all and looked really good. I don't know about your problem with vision on left mirror. The stock mirrors can be adjusted in two ways. One by actually moving the mirror on the stem and the other by losening the bolt that holds the mirror to the handlebar bracket and rotating it out a little more to give you a wider view.
The fairing mounted mirrors are also adjustable and I had no problem with vision out of either. Were you going to install them yourself or have your dealer do it?

Terry

Old 04-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Jim,

I had the fairing mounted mirrors on my 2000 Ultra and loved them. They did not vibrate at all and looked really good. I don't know about your problem with vision on left mirror. The stock mirrors can be adjusted in two ways. One by actually moving the mirror on the stem and the other by losening the bolt that holds the mirror to the handlebar bracket and rotating it out a little more to give you a wider view.
The fairing mounted mirrors are also adjustable and I had no problem with vision out of either. Were you going to install them yourself or have your dealer do it?

Terry

Ditto above

Old 04-04-2005, 01:14 AM
wild1
Cruiser

I have them and like them. When I first put them on I thought I had maybe mad a mistake by doing so. I have wide shoulders so I can see as well as I could with my old bike. So I bolted my old mirrors back up to confirm this and found out that with the stock mirrors I could see less. So I made the right decision. I originally had them put on when I bought the bike because I think they look alot better. They dont vibrate at all and are totally adjustable.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Markcuda
Banned

I can see behind me much better on the right side than on the left. (What would account for this
You may try addjusting the other side[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-04-2005, 01:18 AM
wild1
Cruiser

Here is an old picture showing a little of the mirrors.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1702/C610EBBE954249BC8B314E624EF1E798.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking about installing these but were under the impression you couldn't see as well as the stock mirrors. They look so much better than stock too. Maybe I'll give them a try...

Old 04-04-2005, 12:56 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Phil,

When I did mine, it seemed like I couldn't see quite as well, but I hadn't ridden the bike enough to really have a comparison, as I put them on at about 50 miles. Now that I am used to them, I think they are great.

When I ride my wife's Heritage, I find that I can see no better with it and the stock mirrors than I do with my fairing mounts, and the fairing mounts are so much cleaner.

Regards,

Bill

Old 04-04-2005, 01:17 PM
jcc/tx
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know the price of the fairing mounts?????

Old 04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Regards,

Bill

Quick Reply: fairing mount mirrors