Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kury vs. Custom Dynamics LED's

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question Kury vs. Custom Dynamics LED's

I'd appreciate some help/opinions on some questions I have about changing out my turn signals. I've done a search, but am still confused. And I just called Kury and Custom Dynamics and they are closed.

My bike: 2009 Road King Classic w/security alarm

Here's the deal, I have the Kury Panacea Layback Run/Turn/Brake Tail light and want to change out my front and rear turn signals to L.E.D. as well
I'd also like my rear turn signals to flash when braking.

1. Is there a difference in brightness between the two? If I'm going to be going to LED, I'd like to make sure there is enough difference during the day to warrant a change, so I want something bright.

2. Lens color. What is your opinion regarding the red vs. amber vs. smoke lenses? I'm leaning towards smoke, but want to make sure the bulb color shining thorough is obvious.

3. Will the existing rear/turn/brake controller be enough, or do I need to add something else because I want to change out the front turn signals to LED as well?

4. Since I have an alarm, do I need the alarm compatable load equalizer?

5. Does anyone know if Texas has any laws regarding lens colors on this setup?

Seems like most around here use Kury or Custom Dynamics, so that's why I'm looking at those. I'm open to ideas though. Anyway, that about covers it. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
monstead
Club Member

Okay fellas...still hoping someone here can shed some light on these questions for me. ------------> bad pun intended

Old 01-10-2009, 09:30 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the brightest setup that I have found.

Badlands Illuminator (run/turn/brake controller, compatable w/alarm)
Radiantz Retroz front & rear signal LED's (whatever color lenses you want)

Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 PM
fatboyoz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShrink
Here's the brightest setup that I have found.

Badlands Illuminator (run/turn/brake controller, compatable w/alarm)
Radiantz Retroz front & rear signal LED's (whatever color lenses you want)

What build quality is the Radiantz product.
Thanks,
Colin.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fatboyoz
What build quality is the Radiantz product.
Thanks,
Colin.

Colin,

Not sure what you are asking. If you are asking my opinion of the quality of the LED's from Radiantz, I would say that their products are put together nicely. They are not junk and the fit and finish is great and they also carry a lifetime warranty. I have plenty of them on my machine and would put them up against any other LED product out there.
http://www.radiantz.com

John

Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 PM
monstead
Club Member

John...thanks for your input. I'll check the radianz out. They look really bright in your photo. I want something that definitely shows up in daylight and catches the attention of cagers. From what I am gathering, not all L.E.D.'s are created equal.

BTW, that's some scoot you have there! Nice job. Heck, I you were ever hit by a cager claiming not to see you, they should have their license pulled on the spot 'cause there ain't no way they'd ever pass the eye test!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
fatboyoz
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheShrink
Colin,

Not sure what you are asking. If you are asking my opinion of the quality of the LED's from Radiantz, I would say that their products are put together nicely. They are not junk and the fit and finish is great and they also carry a lifetime warranty. I have plenty of them on my machine and would put them up against any other LED product out there.
http://www.radiantz.com

John
Thanks John,
Just what I wanted to know.
Regards Colin.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 AM
oldbagr
Road Master

I have Kuryaken LED turn signals as well as their Panacea Run/Brake/Turn LED on my Ultra. I kept the amber front lenses and red rear lenses; I had tried the smoke on an earlier Ultra and thought they diminished the brightness too much for my liking. Everyone tells me my lights are very bright and the Panacea setup definitely lets the vehicle behind you know that you are going to turn or stop.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:37 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fatboyoz
Thanks John,
Just what I wanted to know.
Regards Colin.
You are welcome. I will also add that these are just as blinding in the direct sunlight as they are at night.

John

Originally Posted by monstead
John...thanks for your input. I'll check the radianz out. They look really bright in your photo. I want something that definitely shows up in daylight and catches the attention of cagers. From what I am gathering, not all L.E.D.'s are created equal.

BTW, that's some scoot you have there! Nice job. Heck, I you were ever hit by a cager claiming not to see you, they should have their license pulled on the spot 'cause there ain't no way they'd ever pass the eye test!
I think they are worth checking out. I had the Kury stuff on my Heritage and they weren't as bright as the Radiantz. I don't think they built as well either, plus with the lifetime warranty on the Radiantz, there's no comparison.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I hear ya. I thought if I was to get hit it would be because they were just so amazed at what they were looking at, they would forget they were driving.

John