Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Parts from ChicagoHD

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM
IBHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the MOCO shut down for the holidays maybe that will also delay parts right now

Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Homebrew101
Wow, my nearest dealer, House of Harley, has a flat $210 fee to pull, paint and re-install an inner fairing. Sounds like a very fair price...
That is hard to believe! If so, great! Painting alone should be that much. I haven't taken an inner fairing off and on but others that have told me it is a least a four hour job.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Scooter308
Cruiser

Placed my order on December 21, 2008, came fedex today, now I have to get to work.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
artc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ordered lower fairng kit {painted} on Dec23. Got the email today they are shipping today.
Hope you all get yours as fast.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a Classic TP and was told 4-6 weeks.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 PM
molsen
Road Master

[
Edit: that really is their price, just had it done and got my Ultra back yesterday, they even insisted on delivering it in a trailer instead of me riding it home on the salty streets[/QUOTE]

To me that is a great dealership that cares about your ride as much as you do. That's cool to hear.....

Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

This is going back a few years, but in September '06 I crashed. No structural damage, it was all cosmetic. Anyway, the insurance cut me a check for $4500. I took the insurance parts list, the dealer's quoted repair/parts list and tweeked them both and made my list of what I was going to replace. Then I waited until December 24th, when a local dealer was having a 24% off anything in stock sale. I got about 75% of my list that day. The other 25% were painted parts which they did not have. I shopped Zanottis and Chicago. Chicago had the best painted parts prices hands down. I got my parts in about 3 weeks.

Did I mention that they were Vivid Black? Everybody knows that black is the fastest color.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

Email confirmation,parts shipped!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
They don't carry about anything in stock. They go straight to the HD warehouse wherever that is. So there will ALWAYS be a wait.

The price you pay for 20% off. Worthy if you ask me. I've saved thousands over the years if I was willing to wait a few (or more) weeks for it.

One thing to point out. Any dealership that does not have the part you are looking for locally has to go get the part from the HD supply system (warehouse) just like Chicago Harley. At least with Chicago you are saving 20%...

lp
My TP came in 28 days after ordering from Chicago HD, and I was expecting a longer wait (6-8 weeks). OTOH, a year later I ordered my painted lowers from Zanotti and they arrived in two weeks, way quicker than expected. I understand HD doesn't keep an inventory of painted parts, and all are made-to-order. They do paint runs for various colors and you must wait for the next one for your color, which may be days or weeks.

Like you say, I understand that Chicago's Internet Dept. has no inventory but orders from HD after you order from them. Zanotti, OTOH, does keep a store inventory that can be accessed on-line, and internet orders are tapped from that. It is listed by part number and quantity.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
remember, chicago hd is not the only game in town when it comes to discounts. zanotti's does at least 20%, i understand hales does it too. then there is m&m cycles who does hd parts at discount. surdykes, as well.
Chicago works on 20% off MSRP, Zanotti's is cost-plus. Sometimes Zanotti is cheaper, sometimes way cheaper, but also can be more. Plug in part number 98540-04V (single controller for heated clothing, MSRP $60) at Zanotti's and you will see $63. Yes, over retail. At Chicago it is $48. When I contacted Zanotti's they agreed to sell it for $55, but said there was almost no markup on that item. Their computer apparently takes cost and adds x%, which explains the anomaly.

OTOH, plug in 40287-07 (MSRP $305) and you'll see $244 at Chicago HD, $198.25 at Zanotti's. That's about 35% off at Zanotti's! Talk about a mark-up! When I need something I check both with shipping included, then decide. If it's close I'll check Zanotti's inventory on-line and decide based on availability and price.

Quick Reply: Painted Parts from ChicagoHD