Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Parts from ChicagoHD

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I just got my bike back after 6 months in the shop following an unfortunate encounter with a deer. They said it has been taking 12 weeks for painted parts. Also the wrong Tour pack was shipped so had to wait another 12 weeks for it. The bike is Black Pearl 2008, I think it is the same color/pinstripes as on current bikes.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:38 PM
WHOSNEXT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleypingman
many dealers will quote 8-12 weeks for painted parts. You can probably get a current production painted part much sooner. If you are getting "antsy" after only three weeks, you will be a wreck if you have to wait the full 12 weeks.
thats what they told me when called

Old 01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
They don't carry about anything in stock. They go straight to the HD warehouse wherever that is. So there will ALWAYS be a wait.

The price you pay for 20% off. Worthy if you ask me. I've saved thousands over the years if I was willing to wait a few (or more) weeks for it.

One thing to point out. Any dealership that does not have the part you are looking for locally has to go get the part from the HD supply system (warehouse) just like Chicago Harley. At least with Chicago you are saving 20%...

lp
Very good point about the 20%! I sure can wait :-)

Old 01-10-2009, 05:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,359 Likes on 2,537 Posts

Originally Posted by Johan96
Very good point about the 20%! I sure can wait :-)
remember, chicago hd is not the only game in town when it comes to discounts. zanotti's does at least 20%, i understand hales does it too. then there is m&m cycles who does hd parts at discount. surdykes, as well.

maybe its just me, but i ordered from chicago once, had a problem, ended up having to wait forever and a day. so i pretty much stick with zanottis now. never had a problem, never had to wait more than 2 weeks to get my stuff, even with backordered parts.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 663 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by molsen
Chicago HD is a nice place, buty takes forever to get parts in. Usually a 3-4 week turnaround. Easy to deal with though.
I agree. I bought my bike from Chicago Harley. Nice people. They offer accessories at 20% off, but be prepared to wait. They are very very slow at shipping orders. Zanotti's HD offers 20% off and ships much faster.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my lower fairings from them in Oct. to be sure to be here for X-mas and got them a less then 4 weeks. I think the wait is at the factory and not Chicago HD, my 2 cents.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
I agree. I bought my bike from Chicago Harley. Nice people. They offer accessories at 20% off, but be prepared to wait. They are very very slow at shipping orders. Zanotti's HD offers 20% off and ships much faster.
What he said: "Zanotti's HD offers 20% off and ships much faster".

Old 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've purchased from Chicago HD internet service 4 times. Each time was fine! I got my stuff within a reasonable time even when they had to special order it. One time I got a malfunctioning digital oil/temp dipstick and they replaced it without any problem at all. And for 20 percent off, it is hard to pass up.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Never ordered anything painted from them. But a king tour pak for a Street Glide took 4 weeks from M&M and fairing lowers for my EGS ordered from Lake Shore I got in two weeks.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

My dealer is having a 25% off party on Thursday for those that bought a new bike in 2008. I'll be ordering a Tour Pak and Vented Lowers for my Black Ice/Blue Ice Street Glide. I'm not going to expect them for 3 months or more.

Quick Reply: Painted Parts from ChicagoHD