Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about a trip to key west

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about a trip to key west

i know this prob dont belong here in this catagorie posted the same thingk in the road trip also this just seems to get more attention i am trailering my bike to daytona in feb from north alabama riding from there to keywest my question is are there any place to park truck and trailer for the trip thought abou thte harley dealership but havent set a definate date yet so dont want to call them yet does anyone know if they will allow that also if anyone has any more info on this trip it will be appreciated thanks

Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Try this web site. http://www.parksleepfly.com/

The deal is, stay at their motel - then fly out for a week or two, and leave your car at the motel for little or nothing (I can't remember). It works great for that.

You do know that Key West has more queers per capita, than any other city in the US of A, don't you? I just thought I'd let you know.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:38 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced

appreciate the heads up on the queers i wont bend over unless i am against a wall and i will check on the website also thanks

Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 03harleyrider
appreciate the heads up on the queers i wont bend over unless i am against a wall and i will check on the website also thanks
Hahahahahaha Yeah if you drop the soap, just let it go.

I always wanted to go to Key West, just for the history, not for the queers. LOL
I may do that this summer.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced

are there any good cold weather riding places in tx

Old 01-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Cruise
Advanced

I have stayed at Key West a few times over the years. I'm not one who has homophobia so the thought of there being queers there doesn't come into play as long as I have enough strength to kick their *** if they lay a hand on me. LOL . For the most part you will find a culture of very laid back people who love the paradise. Many are 2nd or third generation of people who just had to say or move back. I talked to some who went there for a vacation and just never returned. I talked to one guy who had lived on a boat moored out in the sea before a hurricane swept his home(boat) away. The locals tend to hang out in an open air bar on the docks since most live on boats, it's their living room so to speak. You see, the small amount of real estate is so expensive that most who live there cannot afford to live on land or own property. I have had the most incredible experiences talking to and experiencing the lifestyle that most of the locals have shared in my few trips to Key West.

Most of us who live a normal, nose to the grindstone, life and take things for granted are missing the truly free lifestyle that a lot of the locals live. I am not very tolerant of queers myself, but if you stay away from the 500 block on Duval street you will find the free spirited locals just trying to etch out a living and you will have the time of your life from Mallory square to the 500 block. I just love the Place.

One word of caution....the speed limits are strictly enforced in the Keys. If you hit one of the endangered Key deer they will throw you under the jail

Last edited by Cruise; 01-10-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Raptor1956
Tourer

Key West is a strange place the **** are bold if you don't have your old lady in tow they will hit on you. If you can stand to see guys kissing and grabbing each other in public you might like it. As for me I spent more time feeling like I could vomit than I did enjoying the location. It is one of the last places I will ever go back to. Hope it works out for you but as for myself I would rather go to Miami and take my chances with the gangs in south beach rather than see two guys kissing and groping in public. What they do in private is there business but when it is in plain view of kids and everyone else it makes me sick.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Cruise
Advanced

Well Mr raptor, all I can say is that if you think that seeing what is not so uncommon in this USA makes you puke then maybe you should stay at home LOL. I don't agree with it either! But from San Fransisco to every major city across the USA it is something you have to accept or go knuckles with and end up in jail. I for one am not going to let some perverts dictate where I can see the most beautiful scenery and have a great time. Those who want to surrender the magnificent spots in the USA to a few perverts is just what is wrong with the country. Even if I'm the only one there who is straight I'm going to enjoy it. I have stated where to stay away from. Maybe you wondered into the areas that you should have stayed away from? LOL. A coast guard friend stationed there advised me of where not to venture...maybe you need to ask before you try it again. Teehee

Old 01-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Make sure you bring your camera!

Old 01-10-2009, 05:58 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

It is a very MC friendly place, not like the aristocratic MB and many other places in the country. Lots of freespirits and alternative types though.

Quick Reply: ? about a trip to key west