Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about a trip to key west

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, who da thought? Harleys and Homo Haters.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:35 AM
shvlrydr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got back from Key West...was there over new years and i have to say it's a very nice place to go in winter, especially going down there after a bad ice storm in Indiana the day after Christmas. weather in the mid 70s everyday and few clouds in the sky. i have to say i was on Duval St. on new years and never saw any guys kissin' but like Cruise said don't spend a lot of time on the 500 block. i stayed at a hotel in Miami the night before riding down and left my truck and trailer in the parking lot. Manager wanted $75 per night but the girl at the counter charged me $75 for 3 so not so bad i guess. hope this helps.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 03harleyrider
i know this prob dont belong here in this catagorie posted the same thingk in the road trip also this just seems to get more attention i am trailering my bike to daytona in feb from north alabama riding from there to keywest my question is are there any place to park truck and trailer for the trip thought abou thte harley dealership but havent set a definate date yet so dont want to call them yet does anyone know if they will allow that also if anyone has any more info on this trip it will be appreciated thanks
Call any of the local storage rental places. You could short term rent garage space, or just parking space inside their locked fence. Another thought would be one of the local campgrounds. There will be on-site security, & with the expected decline in attendance you could probably get a good price since you won't be takin' up a campsite.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just in Key West a couple months ago with my friend who rode down from Canada.

Not sure where some of the posters here were hanging out in Key West, but neither of us encountered these rampaging hordes of "queers" that apparently so worry a few folks here.

The only issue we had was the swarms of rented scooters. Apparently, when a tourist rents a scooter on Key West, they sign a contract that says they will not obey any traffic control sign or lane marking.

It is well worth a visit. Go and have fun.

Matt

Old 01-10-2009, 01:03 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced

appreciate all the help thanks

Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

I have used a storage facility before for "rig" storage on winter time trips to Fla. and that works great.

As far as riding to Key West from Daytona make sure you take the Florida Turnpike instead of 95 when you get closer to Miami. However, getting off at Lake Worth and heading south along the Ocean is a really nice ride for a while but 95 thru Miami is white knuckle or at least at my age it is a little hairy and I'm use to the Washington DC area traffic and beltway.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
USA1HD1
Tourer

Been their done that got the T-Shirt, If the warmest & one of the most beautiful place's in the US dosen't want to make ya go how about all the fresh seafood you could stand for over 100 miles.
Please don't let the fat ugly guy's coments scare you about the open gay's, their just jelous their not hit on. LMAO you also have to get ya pic at the southern most point in the US while their.

I'm Not gay or Bi , I'm married to a hottie ,I just love what america has to offer in the way of our beautiful counrty ! Sad to think that someone would not go see this beautiful place becouse negetive coments.......

Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

keep that rig under lock theives love nothing more than to get a truck trailer and bike all in one shot as for queers theres a lot of lesbos too watchin them go at it almost makes up for the mo"s NOT.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a Marina on Beach Street in Daytona, about a mile south of Orange Ave that would store your trailer. I do not know how much it would cost, but that is one idea until someone from the daytona area lets you park it at their house if room is available.
Hopefully Feb will be beautiful weather like is is now!

Chuck

Old 01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MattInFla
I was just in Key West a couple months ago with my friend who rode down from Canada.

Not sure where some of the posters here were hanging out in Key West, but neither of us encountered these rampaging hordes of "queers" that apparently so worry a few folks here.

The only issue we had was the swarms of rented scooters. Apparently, when a tourist rents a scooter on Key West, they sign a contract that says they will not obey any traffic control sign or lane marking.

It is well worth a visit. Go and have fun.

Matt
Agreed 100%. Wife and I rode down from Detroit last July. Had a good time, had some good food, did a little of the tourist shopping thing, and made sure we went to the far south marker.

Those rented scooters and electric cars are a dangerous group. Most riders adn drivers, think they own the road..

Quick Reply: ? about a trip to key west