Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:04 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?

Has anyone compared the two.I've tried searches,bike nights and still havent found an answer.I have my monster ovals probably sold ,but havent been able to do a head to head in comparing the pipes.was even looking into the thunder header slipons but dont like the idea of blueing at the cone.The monsters are just not for me(little too quiet,no bark).thanks

Attached Thumbnails bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?-dadsbike009.jpg   bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?-dadsbike010.jpg   bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?-dadsbike001.jpg  
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't know anything about either pipe, but I do know from my racing days that if the Bassani is an open reverse cone megaphone IT WILL BE LOUD. If you like or want LOUD (I can't over-emphasize how loud it will be) go for it. Just so you know, I'm running Rinehart TD's and pumped up compression on my own scoot. I found that compression makes Rineharts extra loud when you open it up. Still quieter than a reverse cone meg by quite a bit.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
rick
Road Warrior

theses are the one i'm talking about.If i remember correctly the one time i heard a sound byte they werent that excessively loud.

Attached Thumbnails bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?-part_thumbnail.jpg  
Old 01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior

I had Bassani true duals w/power curve and Bassani Megaphones on my last bike(Ultra). The bike had a moderate build. At idle, the sound was good. When accelerating, especially hard accelerating... it is LOUD! On the highway at 70mph it was still a bit loud...I just turned the stereo up. I would never buy them again.

I forgot to mention that I rode in the back when group riding...a lot!

Last edited by mattman22033; 01-09-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Cruise
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Bassani megaphones on my road king. Before adding V$H true dual header pipes I had a backfire I couldn't get rid of. Adding the true duals and dyno tune eliminated all of the pops and backfires. The True duals made them a little louder but honestly they are pretty quiet mufflers to me. They do get louder when on the throttle but my opinion is that they may not have the bark you are looking for.

Attached Thumbnails bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?-bassoni.jpg  
Old 01-10-2009, 06:43 AM
rick
Road Warrior

Thanks everyone but now i'm in a bind since this guy may buy my monsters.I wanted a lttle louder than the monsters and bark which the monsters dont have(sound the same all the way thru).The thunderheaders i understand are nice but they blue making them ugly.Never heard bub 7's and dont want rineharts since every other bike has them down here.2-1 is out of the question.Another thing is the monsters on a RKC extend out alot due to the leather bags they look very different(better) on bikes with hard bags like the RK.any suggestions ?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rick! That beautiful bike deserves an exhaust with fishtails! IMO

Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 AM
rick
Road Warrior

Thanks but i'm not too keen on fishtails.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
D34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about Rush 2" or 2 1/4" Had them on my 06 Heritage and they sounded great. A lot louder than the MO's. I did not want to go that way with my Street Glide because I wanted to mellow the sound down as well as I wanted to go with a different look.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Rick, I think I replied to you last time. I have the Bassani megaphones on my 08 Street Glide with stock head pipes..They are not as loud as everyone here states they are. I did alot of highway riding this past summer and everyone behind me says they only get loud when accelerating or merging in the onramp. I can hear the radio no problem. Fit and finish is excellent. I had V&H longshots on my Fat Boy and my father (71 years old) says my old bike was way louder. You've got to hear them for yourself in person. I heard them at a HD dealer demo day on a 06 Street Glide and was hooked so as the guy started the bike. I wish I could do a sound clip for you but, I am clueless when it comes to that. Good luck...

Quick Reply: bassani megafone vs v&h monster ovals ?