Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone remove tank badges

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009 | 09:22 PM
bigjames19
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Anyone remove tank badges

Anyone remove tank badges from a Roadking Classic! Wondering how they are on. I just want clean tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-08-2009 | 09:37 PM
user 8373900
Banned

Warm them up with a hair dryer and sasw em' off with some dental floss or fishing line.Goof off the residue and you're done. There could be some paint fading issues depending on the age and color of your bike.

Mark

Old 01-08-2009 | 09:56 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

just heat em up and pull em off its only double sided tape that holds em on

Old 01-08-2009 | 09:59 PM
confederate
Most Wanted

It's usually the metric guys who do this to make the bike look more like Harley.

Old 01-09-2009 | 12:26 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior

Yeah maybe, but it's friggin' sharp -

I've actually been "weird" about that with several vehicles - I even had a Geo Tracker that had these awful looking graphics - Stripped them all off and then didn't want to stop - The thing was down to paint. Even removed the Geo logos.

Actually looked "tough" for a Geo Tracker when it was done...

That all said - My old RK didn't have tank emblems when I bought it and I spent a bit of time PhotoShopping different ones on the tank to figure out which way I wanted to go with it. Didn't take more than a few attempts to dump the whole idea. Thinking about pulling them off my Street Glide before it's too late (and it shows).

Old 01-09-2009 | 05:58 AM
roadking1893
Tourer

As mentioned heat it up with a air dryer. To make it even easier I took alcohol and let small amount run from the top, let it soak in and then use fishing line and ran it across the emblem. DO NOT attempt to pull the emblem it is tough enough to dent the tank.

Old 01-09-2009 | 06:14 AM
bigjames19
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey that guy called me out he's right I wanna look more like a metric HAHAHA, thanks for the hair dryer tips will try it this weekend it should be 80 degrees out.

Old 01-09-2009 | 06:30 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

anyone try this on a ultra with the stripe on the tank?

Old 01-09-2009 | 06:56 AM
Thor
Road Master
Thumbs up

I'm the same way, debadged every truck I've had. Doing the SG never crossed my mind till I read this though...I'm actually diggin the look (ps'd a photo)...I think this will be one of my first warm-weather mods...bike is brand new, so I have a little wiggle room

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
Yeah maybe, but it's friggin' sharp -

I've actually been "weird" about that with several vehicles - I even had a Geo Tracker that had these awful looking graphics - Stripped them all off and then didn't want to stop - The thing was down to paint. Even removed the Geo logos.

Actually looked "tough" for a Geo Tracker when it was done...

That all said - My old RK didn't have tank emblems when I bought it and I spent a bit of time PhotoShopping different ones on the tank to figure out which way I wanted to go with it. Didn't take more than a few attempts to dump the whole idea. Thinking about pulling them off my Street Glide before it's too late (and it shows).

Old 01-09-2009 | 06:56 AM
NoKenDo
Road Master

I like the smooth look.

But didn't want to look like a metric.

Quick Reply: Anyone remove tank badges