Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i thinking??? '09 glide??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
showm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what am i thinking??? '09 glide??

i can never be happy with what i have. i've had three softails (2 heritages and 1 nighttrain) including the one i have now pictured below. i also had an '05 electra glide standard police.

im now contemplating buying an '09 electra glide. my '05 flhtpi was done up in typical street glide fashion with the badlander seat and such, no stripes, no badging. awesome ride but i had lost interest...wish i would've kept that one.

problem is, my thoughts are all over the place. first i said im just gonna get an ultra, then i was dead set on a road glide, now im kinda thinking about an electra glide classic after tonight.

here's the deal. me and a buddy went bike shopping last saturday cuz he wants to get rid of his super glide and get a street glide if he can swing a deal. today after work, i went to what is probably the most reasonable dealer in our area. ofcourse i sat on a road glide, ultra, standard, and classic...(street glide too but i do not want one). this time around i want to focus on comfort for longer trips and storage capacity. dont get me wrong, i do not really "tour" but i do want to start taking my bike on some longer rides and to tennessee (500 miles from me) when i feel like it.

so, after checking out some bikes. i asked the sales girl what kind of deals they were offering. note they have always sold at msrp + tax and title only. never freight or anything like that. sometimes 1,000 under msrp for something leftover. so she tells me that if i got a road glide at msrp she could throw in a tour pak and the detach kit and hardware at no extra charge. then my wheels start turning. if i just got the electra glide classic at msrp, i could use that 1,000 towards slip-ons and other goodies. plus, they have a thing going cuz things are slow that all parts are 25% off but you have to have their shop install...you do the math - probably comes out the same anyways. but i could be happy with the 1,000 in extras.

so, my mind will probably change tomorrow but for tonight i would be happy with the vivid black classic. radio, tour pak...good to go. i also love the black denim standard for 2,000 less but the free money would be eaten up in the tour pak then i'd have to splurge for an aftermarket radio.

i dont know what the deals are like in your area but this seems pretty good - relatively speaking. maybe i could get them to do better...i bet i could.

ROAD GLIDE:
to add to the confusion, i'd really like to get the road glide due to the reputation for the great ride due to the frame mounted fairing. for some reason i just dont think i can buy a roadie but if i did, there goes the 1,000 to add the tour pak. i like the roadie w/out the pak on it and again, im going for practicality this time and i love the way the tour pak looks on the classics.

ok, so i've just vented my indecisiveness. so, for all you tour bike owners. if you have anything to say or throw out here please feel welcome. i dont wanna pass up a good deal when the dealin's good. or, as my buddy says, i could just keep what i got and be happy with it.

fire away!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

for longer rides i find the rg"s lowered suspension way too stiff in my opinion ultra is the way to go cant add half the goodeis for the price difference of a eg take the cb never thought ide EVER use it WRONG all the time the wife who said shed never use a headset now u cant get it off her.not to mention vented lowers and paint on lowers man its all nice too have.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

travel pack even holds my lunch box going to work and back.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 PM
showm
Cruiser

i appreciate that...keep 'em coming.

i've seen alot of posts of lets say sg vs. ultra on here...but hey, im REALLY confused!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're not ready to buy, just keep riding the one you have.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me add to your confusion. Buy a Road King.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
showm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gunner11
You're not ready to buy, just keep riding the one you have.
this will probably be the best advice i get on here! here's the problem, i bought this heritage from a friend just last august who really didn't intend to sell it but he kinda sold it to me cuz i was looking for one. i know it's mine and i can sell it if i want but im not in to ruining friendships over my indecisiveness. i've thought about approaching him on it if i do sell it. or, maybe i could swing it and have both. we'll see.

i love a stripped down bar jumper!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

See what I mean?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ultra Classic!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails what am i thinking???  '09 glide??-dsc04566r.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

if u only do a little touring get the ultra and youll be doing a lot of touring. and it even rides pretty sweet even to the bar.

Quick Reply: what am i thinking??? '09 glide??