Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i thinking??? '09 glide??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:33 PM
showm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i may have mentioned earlier that my buddy was wanting to buy a new bike. well, he went to tecumseh hd today and called me when he got home. he told me there is a "sold" sign sitting on his new '09 vivid black street glide.

he was gonna trailer his dyna superglide out there today for the official appraisal but we got hit with some decent snow. he was borrowing the trailer and didn't wanna risk an accident (to someone else's trailer or his bike for that matter) cuz the roads were nasty. bout a 35 mile ride for him...deal is based on the trade-in...you understand. no dyna - no trade for street glide.

so anyways, i dont have his exact numbers but sounds like he's happy w/the pending deal once they see his trade. (he showed them pics). i do know they are atleast putting on slip-ons and a backrest / quick detach kit. im sure he'll pick out some more goodies w/the rest of the 1,000 or so they are giving.

makes me want to make a move even worse now! dang friends...gettin' new bikes.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
showm
Cruiser

well, i made up my mind.

'09 ultra peace officer edition. vivid black w/abs.

still been shopping the last two weeks. yesterday, walked into one of the local dealers and they let me know what they sell peace officer bikes for (dont know why i didn't ask before now) and from there it was a no brainer. decision made. no ifs, ands, or buts.

they will probably pick up my heritage this saturday to tell me what they will give me for it. payoff is more then trade-in value but i told them i need payoff, nothing less. we're only 600 bucks or so away from it so it shouldn't be a problem.

its funny, they will pick up my heritage on the way back from dropping off my buddies new '09 street glide.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM
rfultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myred55
Ultra Classic!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better. Oh, you're ready......... you just don't know it.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:34 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a solution. Buy a detachable fairing, and have it painted to match your Heritage tanks and fender. Use it when you're trippin' and strip it when you're cruisin' the local scene. Worked for me. But what I've found out is the fairing doesn't end up coming off very much anymore. Food for thought.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

cant go wrong with the rg i like the low suspension and the frame mounted fairing-ride safe

Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
GEARJAMMER06
Intermediate

Hey brother i finally got hooked up here and found ya...good call on the site i've found alot of good info.by the way that bike shopping last week was the best done in a while,can't wait to get the call to pick up that 09 ultra....got a good feeling that this is the one!!! Se ya soon

Old 01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

do NOT buy a Road Glide...... get yourself a nice safe ULTRA

Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
5 Speed Suicide
Tourer

Buy the street glide for cool looks. Buy the Ultra for practicallity. Buy the Road Glide for superior handling, comfort and roominess!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
showm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GEARJAMMER06
Hey brother i finally got hooked up here and found ya...good call on the site i've found alot of good info.by the way that bike shopping last week was the best done in a while,can't wait to get the call to pick up that 09 ultra....got a good feeling that this is the one!!! Se ya soon
yes, im loving the site, too. yep, the bike shopping last week was fun...especially the $1.25 pbr's!!

we gotta get chris, his dad, and don on here now!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM
ULTRA ZOOM
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Just get the 09 Ultra it has everything you will ever want ,already on the bike.I am shure your lady will just love that great seat also.Get the abs also, very good choice.

Quick Reply: what am i thinking??? '09 glide??