Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i thinking??? '09 glide??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

One word--------ULTRA! You're welcome.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is nothing harley makes that handles better than a Road Glide.............that Tour pack offer is about $1400 EXTRA IF I rememebr correctly...............do what you want but I wouldn't get off my Glide for nothing.................other than the screaming eagle Glide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp

I had an '05 FatBoy that I traded for my '09 Road Glide in November. I have determined two things:

1) The Road Glide is an OUTSTANDING bike and you'll be happy w/it. And, you won't see them every single day like you do the Grave Glides...

2) Does Mama ride w/you? If not, keep the Heritage. My wife likes to ride, but didn't like the seat and ride of the FatBoy for long two up riding. Since she likes to ride, I jumped on a deal I was happy w/for a Road Glide. I don't believe there is that big a difference in the two bikes for a rider who rides solo most of the time. Huge difference for the passenger though.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the EGC your ridding will get better and your trips will get longer. If your already looking for the upgrade then look at the Ultra has everything you will ever need.

But if money is an issue go with the EGC then you can add to that as the money comes in.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by showm
this will probably be the best advice i get on here! here's the problem, i bought this heritage from a friend just last august who really didn't intend to sell it but he kinda sold it to me cuz i was looking for one. i know it's mine and i can sell it if i want but im not in to ruining friendships over my indecisiveness. i've thought about approaching him on it if i do sell it. or, maybe i could swing it and have both. we'll see.

i love a stripped down bar jumper!
Keep your ride and still get the Ultra. Ultras still like to go to the bars, plus you can pick up 3 cases of beer on the way home.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

You should get married. Then you wouldn't have all that money to throw around.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 AM
showm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 07yellowglide
there is nothing harley makes that handles better than a Road Glide.............that Tour pack offer is about $1400 EXTRA IF I rememebr correctly...............do what you want but I wouldn't get off my Glide for nothing.................other than the screaming eagle Glide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i sure wish they made that pearl yellow in '09. thats awesome!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 AM
showm
Cruiser

thanks to all the responses.

ill tell ya what i have found. when i sit on the road glide, it seems like i have all the room in the world on that bike the way it is set up. when i set on a classic / ultra, i notice two things:

1. it feels like the bike is shorter due to the fairing being closer...even though this never was an issue when i had the '05. also, when i sit on an ultra, the lower fairings make me feel cramped - almost like my legs aren't free to move around on the floorboards. i usually feel a little cramped on those bikes anyway for some reason. i wish they had highway pegs on them on the floor so i could actually stretch out.

2. the seating position keeps you feeling so much higher on a classic / ultra. even on the standard for that matter with the slightly different stock seat. again, this was never an issue to me with previous bikes and i know i would get used to it.

oh well...gotta go to work and look at our snowy non-riding michigan weather.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Confused ?. Put up 3 pixs of Glide, EG and UC on a wall then get yourself blindfolded and throw a dart. Once you see it with your eyes...Either way the dart picks a bike for you unless the dart's off elsewhere then you keep riding your old bike until next time.

Remember...There's always a next time,

Thorey

Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 AM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RG's are super ugly. No way I'd own one those. It will just sit in your garage while you ride those pretty bikes.

Quick Reply: what am i thinking??? '09 glide??