Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC Mini amp and speaker help!!!!!!!!! trying to install NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009 | 03:19 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Firecap501
We got the problem found and corrected, who would ever think you could have a defective T-tap geessshhhhhh. Everything was done correctly just one of those most unusual things.

T-taps suck.... But they are an easy way to make a connection if wiring is not a persons strong suit.
I am glad it all worked out and I can not wait to get my Silver Package. Hopefully next week.

Old 01-11-2009 | 08:57 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Curious as to why detailed drawings and instructions don't come with the amp? Since these all use the same radios and speaker placement looks like an exact drawing or pictures would be fairly simple from the seller?

Old 01-11-2009 | 09:08 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Trock
Curious as to why detailed drawings and instructions don't come with the amp? Since these all use the same radios and speaker placement looks like an exact drawing or pictures would be fairly simple from the seller?
Mine did

Old 01-11-2009 | 09:43 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Trock

A detailed drawing would have made no difference what so ever. The problem was a bad connection made by the installer, thanks to a faulty wire connector.

Old 01-11-2009 | 10:16 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

The package comes with detailed instructions, schematic and photos to help you along the way, you really couldn't ask for more.

Old 01-11-2009 | 10:24 AM
08HD
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ripper43
T-taps suck.... But they are an easy way to make a connection if wiring is not a persons strong suit.
I am glad it all worked out and I can not wait to get my Silver Package. Hopefully next week.
I did not have a multitester, but once I picked that up I had a sure fire way to find the bad connection. I did receive pictures with my install but again how I had it wired wired was correct which ended up not being the problem, I did post some pictures in my previous post. There are several ways to run your lines, some remove there tanks and run that way and there are different area to ground from. I chose to ground on the neck of frame which brought it closer from where I was going to ground in the first place.

Old 01-11-2009 | 10:26 AM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

I do not like T-taps either, but for the people who are not able to fire up a soldering iron and do some fancy wiring there really is no other choice.

Old 01-11-2009 | 11:08 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ripper43
A detailed drawing would have made no difference what so ever. The problem was a bad connection made by the installer, thanks to a faulty wire connector.
I understand but it seemed where to ground and several other questions were asked. I just wasn't sure why people were talking about grounding and power from different places if the instructions said exactly what to do.

Old 04-13-2010 | 08:31 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
It would be helpful to readers to edit your first post and start by saying everything worked out, FireCap was great, etc. Before the change several months ago, we could edit the title, but cannot now. So, edit your original post so folks don't read a page and a half of "issues" trying to make the ARC mini amp work correctly. Just a suggestion.
Ya good idea I read 48 posts wanting to know if you got it to work.

Felt bad for the guy. LOL

Old 10-24-2010 | 06:38 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain
Default amp plug

So i got the mini arc amp off ebay. The problem is, it didn't come with the plug that allows you to hook up to the HK unit. Does anyone have that plug?

Quick Reply: ARC Mini amp and speaker help!!!!!!!!! trying to install NOW!