Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC Mini amp and speaker help!!!!!!!!! trying to install NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009 | 11:31 AM
08HD
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by n.o.yat
sounds like you need to slow down and take your time. i have a set up like yours and was pretty simple. start with your hot wire going to the battery, make sure it is tight. i ran my ground short, i ran it to the crash bar where it bolts to the frame. then i ran my other wire to the cig. lighter. all you need is a cheap test light. any auto parts will have one. make sure you have current to your cig. lighter. i have the system with the seperate tweeters and crossovers. a little more involved to install but worth it.
I did exactly what you said...Especially the Slow Down part, this was no rush job. I plan to get the tester today and go at all over.

Old 01-09-2009 | 10:29 PM
08HD
|
Road Captain
Default The battle has been won!!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to FIRECAP501 he walked me through my troubleshoot and discovered that blue wire (auxiliary on) was not connected properly. Got a better contact and behold...POWER!!! I set the levels and put everything back together. I will have to wait until tomorrow to really see what it sounds like while riding, but for now. This amp and speaker is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2009 | 10:39 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

We got the problem found and corrected, who would ever think you could have a defective T-tap geessshhhhhh. Everything was done correctly just one of those most unusual things.

Old 01-10-2009 | 05:12 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Firecap501
We got the problem found and corrected, who would ever think you could have a defective T-tap geessshhhhhh. Everything was done correctly just one of those most unusual things.

In my honest opinion t-taps are the DEVIL. The may have their place curcuit city

Old 01-10-2009 | 08:43 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike5959
In my honest opinion t-taps are the DEVIL. The may have their place curcuit city
I have to agree.I think they a just a quick fix.

As far as the blue wire,i soldered a terminal on and bolted it to the stud on the end of the cigarette lighter.
All the conections have been soldered on my install.

Old 01-10-2009 | 12:56 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike5959
I also won't use

Old 01-10-2009 | 09:30 PM
08HD
|
Road Captain
Thumbs up My review

What do I owe for putting such a great package together. The Sound quality is great, very loud to say the least. The sound is crisp and clear. Had a good day today enjoying riding with this great system and my new C&C seat. I had to make a little adjustment after I rode off, returned back home adjust the right speaker which I did not have at equal level to the left speaker, after that adjustment all was perfect. I want to personally thank Firecap501 for the "ARC Silver Package" and great customer service. He stuck with me until the job was right. I give you a (FIVE STAR RATING).

Last edited by 08HD; 01-10-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2009 | 10:00 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

It would be helpful to readers to edit your first post and start by saying everything worked out, FireCap was great, etc. Before the change several months ago, we could edit the title, but cannot now. So, edit your original post so folks don't read a page and a half of "issues" trying to make the ARC mini amp work correctly. Just a suggestion.

Old 01-10-2009 | 11:35 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Never mind, Lonewolf was kind enough to PM me about this, thanks.

Just a quick question before I read every post..

If I wanted to do a pre-install, what is needed from the battery
A power lead from the battery to the fairing area? how much slack(or total over all length). What gauge of wire? or exactly if my question isn't correct do I need...

Yeah if I don't have the Firecap setup yet... but was working on my bike and wanted to run what I needed to the fairing before having the setup..

Last edited by vertigo14; 01-11-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2009 | 11:50 PM
08HD
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
It would be helpful to readers to edit your first post and start by saying everything worked out, FireCap was great, etc. Before the change several months ago, we could edit the title, but cannot now. So, edit your original post so folks don't read a page and a half of "issues" trying to make the ARC mini amp work correctly. Just a suggestion.
Thanks, I'll take your advice...

Quick Reply: ARC Mini amp and speaker help!!!!!!!!! trying to install NOW!