Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blacked out front ends and such (show me)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009 | 03:56 PM
x1rider
Tourer

Pics of mine, 2009 SG, a work in progress....

I did all the powdercoating (flat black) myself in my "home made" oven.

Old 02-17-2009 | 04:11 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I love that blacked out look. Especially Leo's. But I think once you go black, you've got to go all the way.....Engine, AC, exhaust, front end, wheels, the works. I'm really giving this some serious thought...It may be my next winter project if I can't swing an 09 or 2010 model....

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:48 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

Did someone mention my Bobberino??? I wanna play!!

Attached Thumbnails Blacked out front ends and such (show me)-img_2211.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009 | 09:50 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

XXXRacing as well as GliderXXX are both bad **** bikes and different in there own perspective. All these bikes here with something black are really great as well.....thats the beauty, you do a little different and it doesnt look the same on another bike.

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:53 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't want to read all 74 posts to see whether Kizzzottt has posted...but do yourself a favor and do a search for the Road King his custom shop just released. Its absolutely one of the most incredible bikes you'll see here...and its all done in black!

Good luck with your search.

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:59 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Badbagger
Leo.. damn it man talk about an in your face pic... that's a BIGGUN!
badbagger, ya made me laugh, that big pic was just to show black powdercoated parts, I missed a very few tiny pieces intentionally just so I could match a lil bit with all the chrome bikes. Big Sky your bike looks great with just that awesome flame job.

Old 02-17-2009 | 11:36 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

Man the finished product looks awesome. I have been thinking about blacking mine out. When I first got her,my wife took one look at her and said I think that bike would look great all blacked out. SO these pics really gave me the ideas I needed to get started.
Originally Posted by PhilM
Mine is certainly nothing compared to many of the rides others have put together, but it's black nonetheless....

Before the KW front fender:

Current look, with the Cee Bailey shield:

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:04 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Great looking bikes in this thread. Don't spend too much time on here anymore. Glad I got to see some killer bikes I haven't seen in a while. The XXX bikes, Bobberino, and it's always good to see Phil's Monsterglide as well as all the others.

I've got a some parts out for powder coat right now. Bars, tank panel, docking hardware, new plate mount. Should have it all back in a couple of weeks. Here is how it sits right now.

Zach

Attached Thumbnails Blacked out front ends and such (show me)-img_0650.jpg   Blacked out front ends and such (show me)-sig-1.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009 | 06:33 AM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer

Here's pic of mine in signature. Black out powder coated Forks, crash bars & grab rails!

Old 02-18-2009 | 07:44 AM
blueride
Tourer
Smile X1rider

X1rider, you are the man!

Self made oven for powdercoating!!!!!

Great stuff....

Quick Reply: Blacked out front ends and such (show me)