Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Good Tuners Near Marietta, GA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Load it up or ride to Morristown Tn and let Russ tune it a Colboch HD, he is very good.
One more, you might give Kevin a call at Head-Quaters in Atlanta, he has a shop and is a awesome tuner.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I am a redneck, wait a minute, I am red all over, never mind.

turtleman

Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
beaucoup_dinkydow
Tourer
Talking

hey Turt, you got a purty mouth. Can you squeal like a pig too?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timvan
I used to love Earls, but the last few times ive been in the store the warm fuzzy feeling was missing.. I spenk $30k there within 2 months on my last bike (2nd bike there) and I feel like a number, not a customer. There are other dealers in the area that really want your money and will even respect you. Atlanta Harley will bend over backwards as will Cartersville (same group as earls but different ppl). I was told long ago that Earls was a redneck operation - I can see that by thier actions/interactions
Just my view..
Ive heard good about http://www.revolutionspeed.com/ may be worht calling there is also a mobile dyno guy that works out of Cartersville area that comes highly recomended by a few guys on HTT forum.
If all else fails, ask Doc on here.
"redneck operation" is a term that could extend to many HD shops. Somewhere in the definition of redneck is the word tattoo - enough said. Earls is an enigma to me, as I go there often to buy parts and other stuff when they have 15 - 20% off deals (otherwise I deal with Zanotti or Chicago). I also have had service done there and they seem to do well. I have tried recently to get them to come down on price to do a 103 kit, as Savannah will do one for $1,350, but so far no go. Buying a bike there can be painfull. They absolutely won't give any trade $ and usually don't budge on freight and setup. Killer Creek is the better place to buy a bike in my opinion. Tim did you ever go to Earls when it was on Pat Mell road? Classic original West Cobb scene, but good folks back in the day.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by beaucoup_dinkydow
hey Turt, you got a purty mouth. Can you squeal like a pig too?
Is there a dealer in the Northeast corner of the state - say Toccoa or Clayton HD?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 PM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ga4boats
"redneck operation" is a term that could extend to many HD shops. Somewhere in the definition of redneck is the word tattoo - enough said. Earls is an enigma to me, as I go there often to buy parts and other stuff when they have 15 - 20% off deals (otherwise I deal with Zanotti or Chicago). I also have had service done there and they seem to do well. I have tried recently to get them to come down on price to do a 103 kit, as Savannah will do one for $1,350, but so far no go. Buying a bike there can be painfull. They absolutely won't give any trade $ and usually don't budge on freight and setup. Killer Creek is the better place to buy a bike in my opinion. Tim did you ever go to Earls when it was on Pat Mell road? Classic original West Cobb scene, but good folks back in the day.
Never did get there when it was on Pat Mell road.. Only been into Harleys since '99.
I have a bad taste in my mouth from them for a few reasons thanks to the sales and parts dept..after discussing the issues with the gm, he showed me how much he values me as customer. I was looking to trade my 09 ultra on a 09 SE ultra and after 8 weeks of waiting for a trade quote I gave up... I still have yet to hear from them on that deal. Now my wife wants a bike, it wont come from them. I easily have room for 2 more.

FYI, Killer Creek wanted $1k over msrp when I bought my ultra in Sept 08. They wouldn't deal at all.

Last edited by timvan; 01-07-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
RickDeVon
Banned

Any of you guys ever heard of Countrys Cycle in Columbus,Ga. Local indy there. Was wanted to know about their work.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by timvan
Never did get there when it was on Pat Mell road.. Only been into Harleys since '99.
I have a bad taste in my mouth from them for a few reasons thanks to the sales and parts dept..after discussing the issues with the gm, he showed me how much he values me as customer. I was looking to trade my 09 ultra on a 09 SE ultra and after 8 weeks of waiting for a trade quote I gave up... I still have yet to hear from them on that deal. Now my wife wants a bike, it wont come from them. I easily have room for 2 more.

FYI, Killer Creek wanted $1k over msrp when I bought my ultra in Sept 08. They wouldn't deal at all.
That is amazing, as that is about the time I bought my Street Glide and they went MSRP and no Frt/Setup. I have a buddy that trades all the time and he says he got a great deal frm Ty at Cartersville. Of course, you like HD Atlanta and the sales mgr there Kevin came from Earls and is a great guy.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Avmech97
Road Master
Thumbs up

Kenny Boone at H-D of Cartersville is a top notch wrench! He has done all of the major things on my RG that have gone beyond my tooling or comfort level.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Bigredone
Road Master

Doc Slicks (Wilson Cadle) is by far one of the best around at a reasonable price. He also has an excellent Dyno Tuner on site.

http://docslicks.com/Services.html

http://www.hfd1motorsports.com/index.html

Quick Reply: Any Good Tuners Near Marietta, GA?