Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag linners

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bag linners

Has anybody used the sumax bag linners on their bike yet.if you have are they a good productand do they look good installed.i keep thinking of these but have heard bad things about the hd bag linners and other bag acc.also was the install easy enough for most anyone could do or do you have to be a proftional.i am good at most thing but this does not have many nuts and bolt.if all you have to do is spay some adhesive and take your time i might just tackle this.thanks for your help.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
sholder
Advanced

I got the H-D fitted saddlebag liner kit, part #92189-06. It's $150 as compared to the sumax liners for $123 at Dennis Kirk, but appears to be better molded and has cut-outs for the bag removal pins. The H-D part just has a couple of adhesive pieces of velcro, and they pull out very easily if you need a hair more space (need to remove one to fit my laptop bag). I am pleased with them. They are handy for minimizing rattling around of whatever you're storing. You lose a minimal amount of space, but they're great if you carry around much in the way of loose items.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like in on the info on this... put the hd liner in my tourpak and I love that... don't want to lose any space in the side bags.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 PM
johnkn
Tourer

Enterprise, sending you a PM

Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

I am suprised that no one has these.they have been adv.these in all the mags.they look like a good product was just wondering on the install,how hard it was.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Kirk at Sumax just sent me a seat of these liners for my extended bags and while I haven't installed them yet the quality of the liners are top notch and I really don't see them taking any room away from storage. I'll post some pictures after I get these installed but it may be a few weeks, my bags are going to paint for new lights being installed.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

Glad to see someone out there has them.can't wait to see the pics and to hear how the install went.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
slack20
Tourer

Put the sumax liners in my 06 glide love em

Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BadX
Kirk at Sumax just sent me a seat of these liners for my extended bags and while I haven't installed them yet the quality of the liners are top notch and I really don't see them taking any room away from storage. I'll post some pictures after I get these installed but it may be a few weeks, my bags are going to paint for new lights being installed.

Did you ever get the liners in?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a similar but cheaper set I found either from Drag Specialties or J&P on my old Road King. Great for keeping things from rattling or getting dinged up too bad. On the Glide I went with:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Much cheaper and very easy when I travel. Pull the bags out at home pack em up and stick 'em in the S-bags. Get to where I'm going and pull the bags out.

Quick Reply: Bag linners