Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Thunder TV=Reruns

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

TP,

Is that a Green Bay Packers fan's head strapped to the back of your bike?

Dan in MN

Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All this tv talk makes me glad I'm still riding!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
aimhard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What channel?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a show called "trippin on two wheels" with the guy from the classic car show dennis cage i think . I also watch "street bikes" just to see bikes.

Whatever happened to all the cool shows. Biker build offs, even monster garage?

Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
cms1528
Cruiser

I have to tell say I'm getting tired of the V-twin shows on TV. How many times are they going to do a story on Daytona, Sturgis or any other rally. WE GET IT. Rally, chicks, beer, bikes...okay. I'm sick of the drama kings on these shows arguing over nothing, mother f'in everything posing as a real biker bad ***. Wow i'm so scared. If I hear one more B.S. dead line comment I'm gonna die. Here's a concept, your bike will be done when its done.

So I'm thinking what about a show about a guy on his Ultra or Glide traveling the roads of America. Stopping in different towns with great places to eat, sleeping in places other than motels, seeing a few off the beaten path tourist sites, motorcycle camping, touring with a sidecar, talking about upgraded touring gear etc...Hey lets take a break here and see what goes into making a quality motorcycle GPS system with a visit to Garmin; I can hear a host saying this now and we would all watch because that's what interest us. Or a stop at Gerbrings Heated clothing while traveling through Washington state or any other number of manufactors that have a connection to motorcycling.

You know all those people you have met while riding along in your travels, the other bikers staying at camp grounds or dining nearby. They could add to a show like this. I would like to watch a show about a guy with his dressor up on a lift in his garage showing folks how to perform basic maintenance, doing mods, and performing more advanced upgrades. We all read the magazines and look at the articles and step by step photos about mechanical upgrades/installs. I thonk we would tune in to a regular host doing the same thing and I'm not taklking about finishing a job in 30 mins. Spread it out over a season of shows.

Just my two cents.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Thompson Gunner
Advanced

Maybe it is just me but I am getting tired of Michelle. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE looking at her but I have gotten to the point where I can't stand to hear her talk! I guess that is why they call it EYE candy and not EAR candy! I think they should just film her walking along in a string bikini then point at the bike they are going to feature then let the scoot owner tell all about it without her rattling on her opinions of what is cool. I love checking out the twins but shut up already!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:34 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
Anyone old enough to remember the weekly show "Then came Bronson" starring Michael Parks who rode a Sportster?

Ask that question to the cutie behind the register selling HD T-shirts at any dealer and she'll look at you like WTF?
Yep, watched it every week just because it had a motorcycle in it. Isn't that about the same time ol' Will & Sonny were trucking around the U.S.A.? Watched that every week too!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
nolafishr
Banned

I agree, TV Sucks Today, not much in New Shows worth watching anymore, I get tired of looking at the Reruns Myself! What are things going to!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:10 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

What's up with the Discovery Channel lately? They show a 45 minute segment of O.C.C. and instead of showing the end of the segment and the finished bike, they cut to these short 10-15 minute documentaries about different places and sites in the World. W.T.F.?? I don't even bother watchin anymore knowing thats going to happen. it's almost like a cold bucket of water thrown on your back just when.......