Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
roadglide2009
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road glide windshield

hi there!
In spring I will ride my new roadglide '09 CVO and I had so far a lot of problems with my former harleys with wind-turbulences .
so can anybody tell me the best windshield for me and my harley?
stock or may be "klock werks flare" windshield- and most important....... what height??
I am 74 inches tall and I would really be glad for some advices!!
cool rides and greetings from switzerland!
claudio

Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lowers shuold be on your short list on the new SE. Congrats by the way, super sharp those SE's are! Cee bailys has a new shield for the Road Glides, looks like the KW flair but 3" taller and less wind noise I'm hoping, the 12" KW flair is brutal as far as wind noise goes! a 1"over clearview with a set of lowes is nice! I had a 2" over it was a bit to tall when riding 2 up, solo it was perfect I then tried a stock size Clearview Good solo not great like the 2" though, 2up near perfect, so that how I came to think the 1" over would be the perfect Clearview for my set on my 05 Road Glide, I have a perfect 12" KW flair if you'd like to give it try on the cheap $75 plus shipping. I'm thinking about the cee baileys Tall euro, Philm is testing one now, good thread on it too I'm 6'2"

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 01-06-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lowers made a big difference on mine. I like my Clearview XL on long trips but for daily riding I find the stock shield to be fine. For me the lowers sealed the deal.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Like the others said,lowers!
You can put any size/brand windsheild you want,but the lowers will stop a lot of the wind that comes up from the bottom.
I like the stock sheild for commuting.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 PM
MJR
Tourer

I use the clearview RG06 which is 16L. It's great. I'm not 6'2" but I seem to sit pretty high. I measured my eye line at 32.75 from the seat, you might want to check what your eye line is from your seat.
Clearview with the recurve really sets up a nice pocket to ride in.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have lowers on my glide, and agree they help. I was one of the non-paid testers for the new Cee Bailey's shield, and they are definitely better than the stock Glide shields, either short or narmal height.

However, the best I have tried is a Cee Baileys +3 (normal shape). I am 5'9" so I look thru it, which I got used to on my GoldWing.

IT IS PERFECT (other than looking thru it, which I realize is not what is normally recommended). I guess than means it's not really perfect either

It does, however, completely get rid of the infamous RG buffeting problem, at least for me. Perfect for higher speed autbahn cruising 75-80 and up mph.

greg

Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my riding buddies has a 2000 Gold Wing with the 2" shy of a roof windshield his biggest fear is fog it stops him in his tracks lol! Looking over the shield is must for me because of the time I leave for work, AM fog is around more than I'd like! I'd get a set of color matched lower's then try the stock shield, you'll still most likely swap shields but hey you'll have lowers!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the style of the Klockwerks and have them on each of my bikes including the RG. The 8" is too short for the RG and the 12.5" works better for highway. Everyone has a different opinion and what floats there boat though? Love the new SE RG. Enjoy!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
hawg03
Road Captain

Had the klockwerks, didn't work out for me wind wise. I'm 5'9 with a C&C seat. The stock was just too high, had to look thru the windshield. Purchased a Short Clearview and found it just right. I also found out seat and handlebar changes do make a difference. Hope this helps!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Lowers shuold be on your short list on the new SE. Congrats by the way, super sharp those SE's are! Cee bailys has a new shield for the Road Glides, looks like the KW flair but 3" taller and less wind noise I'm hoping, the 12" KW flair is brutal as far as wind noise goes! a 1"over clearview with a set of lowes is nice! I had a 2" over it was a bit to tall when riding 2 up, solo it was perfect I then tried a stock size Clearview Good solo not great like the 2" though, 2up near perfect, so that how I came to think the 1" over would be the perfect Clearview for my set on my 05 Road Glide, I have a perfect 12" KW flair if you'd like to give it try on the cheap $75 plus shipping. I'm thinking about the cee baileys Tall euro, Philm is testing one now, good thread on it too I'm 6'2"
I too have a KW 12"flare - wind noise is pretty intense. My Cee Bailey 15" light tint Euro should be in the box this week - I'll let ya'll know what I think. I think the KWs will be flooding eBay soon - no good for us taller folk (I'm 6'2" as well).

Quick Reply: road glide windshield