Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:51 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed my Clearview +1" on my Road Glide and rode several hours yesterday, at a variety of speeds. I honestly think I now notice a tad MORE buffeting then I was experiencing with the stock HD shield. Can that be possible? The buffeting was barely noticable with my stock W/S but with this Clearview, I now seem to have more of a concentrated area of buffeting around the top half of my head. Not directly in the face mind you, but side to side etc at above ear level it would seem. HHmmmmmmm....

Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Many people do not know that the 09 SERG has a differant front outer fairing than the standed RG. Cee Bailys knows of this and is making a windsheild for the CVO 09 SERGs which should be released next week that allows the use of the 09 SERG windsheild gasket (seal), I will have the first set of 15" round top flares to test on these bikes. The Euro will be dropped from the 09SERG line of sheilds. A full line of Cee Bailys winsheilds will be in production next week for the 09 SERGs if the tests go well. They will all be designed to use the stock 09SERG gasket (seal). To my knowlegde there is no other company that does this. It should be worth the wait. Doc

Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

What is different about them? I bought the black wind deflector shield that is stock on SERG and mounted it on my 08 RG and it fit perfect? The new gasget on the shield looks a lot nicer than the round weather stripping they use. I wished the other companies would start using the gasget but I guess you would have to make a channel for it to go in. I do not see any difference in the fairings, the SERG deflector fit perfect and looks great but just no wind protection with me being 6'5". I just use it for pics and riding around town when it is hot. Any other time I use the CV +2. It is rather a pain to switch back and fourth though.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:36 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is the differance, try mounting the stock shield with the CVO gasket (seal), It will not work, nor will the stock RK shield fit with the gasket (seal) on the 09 SERG. The outer fairing at the mounting holes has a diffirant angle (rake) to accept the COV 09 SERG gasket (seal) and a slight outward bump. Doc Some shields fit well and others are way off a good fit even without the gasket (seal). More later after I get the new Cee Bailys shield installed and tested. I am thier guinea pig. Doc

Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I bought a GT small recurve from Clearview and am pleased with the quality of their products. I had one on my RKC and it was great.

I finally passed the magic 1,000 number and it was time to put the SERG to the test. The GT small windscreen worked fine for me at speeds up to around 60-65 and didn't have too much buffeting up to around 70. Today when going faster, 85-90, my head was bounching around so much it was virtually impossible to clearly see my gauges; even with a full face helmet. I'm about 5'11" with a 32 inch inseam and feel I am gonig to have to buy a larger screen; I suppose I should have ordered the GT medium.

Before I spend any more money I'll just have to examine all my options. For you guys who are about my size and want some protection at higher speeds don't order the the small screen.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

Doc:
Thanks for the info. Please let us know how it goes.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 PM
bdh
6th Gear

I have a 06 road glide and am 5' 10" tall I found the stock shield was right in my line of sight. I tried a 12" klock works & the wind buffeting & noise was unbearable. I then bought a 15" cee bailey euro and I am happy with it the air hits about forehead level & I can easily see over it. If you are any taller I would suggest the 16". I also have the hogg chops lowers & find the wind reduction is fairly good & the paint matching is perfect. If you live outside the U.S.A. ups will screw you on their made up broker fee's by as much as 45% of the price of the windshield, because cee baliley will not ship by U.S. Postal Service. which their competitors all do?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:01 AM
BCguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bdh
If you live outside the U.S.A. ups will screw you on their made up broker fee's by as much as 45% of the price of the windshield, because cee baliley will not ship by U.S. Postal Service. which their competitors all do?
I received my Cee Bailey's a few weeks ago (delivered to the door) and there were NO brokerage fees added to the normal shipping charge.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
bdh
6th Gear
Default ups broker fee's

Originally Posted by BCguy
I received my Cee Bailey's a few weeks ago (delivered to the door) and there were NO brokerage fees added to the normal shipping charge.
I have had a lot of stuff shipped to Canada by both UPS & U.S. postal service
& as far as I can remember, anything shipped by UPS had a made up broker fee added. In the case of my windshield it was $80.00 Cee Baliey could ship it US Postal but the box they used was big enough for 4 windshields & when I spoke to them on the phone prior to shipment they told me they would not use UPS. I like their product & if you didn't pay a extra fee you even better

Old 05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
roadglide2009
4th Gear
Default mad with the shields

hi!
now I already bought two shields, first clearview gt medium, second cee baileys 14''.
both are producing very unpleasent strong vibrations I rather feel than hear! gives me real headache! Its not the wind, its not comin from under the bike (lowers I also tried!).
I made a ride without any shield:.....perfect!!!!!
the cb is good only with two people on the bike!
now I go and shorten the stock shield of my cvo roadglide to the minimum and use it for short rides plus buy the kyriakyn-shield for longer trips!
what you think about this mad swiss??
claudio

Attached Thumbnails road glide windshield-harley-017.jpg  

Quick Reply: road glide windshield