Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D fatcat sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
my06NT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D fatcat sound

I have already posted this in the exhaust section, but with only 20 people viewing vs over 400 here, I want to post again since I am planning on ordering pipes tomorrow.

Question: for my 95" build with compression bump, which baffle will work best; quiet, standard, or performance and what is the difference between all 3. I have searched alot, and can not really find any good hard facts. Seems most on here are running the quiet baffles; is this for sound reasons, or do they offer bettter performance on slightly modded motors?

Please help me out.
Thanks,
Mike.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:21 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Performance of Std or Quiet will be the same, only different volume. I prefer the standard.

The performance (or BigBore) is NOT what you want ~ it's for BIGGER motors. I changed to the Performance Baffle on my 120" build. The perf baffle is also VERY LOUD.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I prefer the quiet baffle..........it seems to be deeper and not raspy at all.

I've heard mine with the quiet baffle next to a guy with a standard baffle, and mine sounded better to me and the people standing around.

Steve

Old 01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
07NT
Tourer

Std baffle here ...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Phil and Steve have said above. I've had the standard, the quiet and the performance on my Boarzilla. Love the fit and finish of these pipes but the sound was best with the standard. Your 95" will love it, neighbors might think otherwise though.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default D&D Fatcat

I have the perforated baffle in my fatcat on my 08 SG. I love the sound. The borzilla has bigger diameter pipes for the larger big inch motors. I definitely don't think my exhaust is to loud. I love the way it backs down between shifts. Cruising along at 65 or 70 is not bad either and hearing the radio is never an issue. Rolling on the throttle makes it come to life as well. It's a great sounding great looking exhaust.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Standard baffles here as well...No regrets

Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 AM
bdaug50
Cruiser

I got the quiet baffle as when I built my 95" head-quarters motor which included a bump in compression, my Hooker Tuned Flow slip ons sounded like a herd of tanks coming down the street. I also got the quiet baffle as PhilM posted a dyno sheet somewhere on here a while ago showing that the quiet baffle was BETTER for torque across the board and only lost a few HP at the very top end to the STD baffle. When I first got the pipe on, I wasn't impressed with the sound very much but after getting a few miles on it and "breaking it in?" it sounds much better. It is a well behaved pipe in as much as if you don't want it to be loud, it won't be but if you whack it, it will let you know its there.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The quiet baffle has proven over and over again to produce the most HP. If you research the sights that do a lot of dyno work the quiet baffles shine on the smaller engines. (non monster engines)

Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Heathen
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Standard here,My 95" dyno numbers are just fine as is the sound.

Quick Reply: D&D fatcat sound