Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelMoto, Jamie and the new PC-V

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pled55
on the new pc-v do you still have to reset throttle to 0-100%? i see where you don't need to use the 9v battery any longer .that may be why you no longer have the starting lag problem that they used to have .sold my last pc i got from jamie it worked pretty good
just couldn't use it on this new bike.
Ref the 0%-100% throttle setting, Dynojet web site says yes but Jamie said with every one of the ones he has done, due to the TBW throttle there is very little if any deviation from zero as with prior year models so he says no 0%-100% setting needed. He also told me if you want to find out what if any % deviation from zero all you have to do is tie the USB cable to the PC V and to a lap top with the downloaded software that comes with it and you can see it. In 06 my PCIII, 06 Roadking had a 6% deviation from zero and it did have to be reset but no problem there either while you still are hooked into the laptop you can do the 0%-100% real easy just follow the instructions. By the way I did not do a 0%-100% on mine, it runs great.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I take it that your "Bone Stock for now!" comment isn't true now is it.. Deepsouth

Old 01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by vertigo14
I take it that your "Bone Stock for now!" comment isn't true now is it.. Deepsouth
Shhhhhhh! MOCO might be listening. Seriously, I guess I need to go in and change that now. I have installed 2 Power Commanders from Fuelmoto on 2 different bikes. Never had a dyno done on either. Can't speak for this one as I just installed it today but on the 06 Roadking just with Jamie's map it ran alot cooler, smoother, no decel pop, just an all around better running bike. I have full confidence this one will be the same.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
beracing
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds almost too simple. With the PC-V system, what I'm hearing is a simple plug and play installation. Being a new HD owner, not new to motorcycles, this sounds like a great next step on my 09' SG. I would guess you want to change out the air filter and I currently have a set of Rush slipons that I got a deal in. I guess Jamie can give me so direction on where to take it...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:43 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Anybody put the PC V on a stage 1 103" yet? I called Fuel Moto a couple days ago and they said they haven't had time to build any maps for the 103's yet. I would rather get a pre-built map from Jamie and save the dyno time...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lp
Same here. First off I love the fact that it does not have the 2 second delay when starting like the PCIII on the 07 and 08's did. Second I have about 1K on the bike since putting on the PCV and the bike runs great in every range and speed. The supplied map was right on.

lp
I know this is a PC V thread, but I just put a PCIII on my 07 and haven't noticed any starting delay, although I've heard of it before. What exactly does it do?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 AM
IRready
Road Master

I am still wondering why you would want to spend more money for a unit with less warranty that does nothing more then a TFI fuel management system from Techlusion offers: Less money, Requires NO computer, leaves no footprint on your ECM, and EZ install. I bought my pipes from Jamie and he had no issues at all with the TFI. I have it and could not be happier. 2 yr warrranty, (no matter what), no finger print for MOCO to hassle you with, less $, no PC needed, and very effective. I dunno.....

Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TTS - from FM website on the TTS.
"Please note the TTS Mastertune is a "hands on" tuning product designed to be used by experienced tuners with an understanding of the Harley/Delphi EFI system, ECM lookup tables including VE and AFR, and the the ability to analyze and apply data."
...looks like you need a puter too with winblows for the TTS...

Glad you know what you are doing exactly.. I don't, but I guess I could eventually if I was into it.

PC V which this thread is about... was simple and I can remove it: replace the stock Air cleaner and throw the orignal pipes on for what ever reason. I don't need a computer, FM did all the work for me. (heh) I am sure, since FM says so, if I upgrade the engine or make different changes to the bike.. I can ask them to help me with a new map.

What gives, why you are pressing TTS or something else and telling Power Commander owners to be scared of a piggyback system? Piggyback system ..(heh) at least my hog wont mind.

The TFI looks plug n play.. comes with the auto tuner. The PC V's version of auto tuner can be added. More upfront money with the TFI. To each his own. Hey is the TFI available for the 09 yet?

Last edited by vertigo14; 01-06-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Sugardick
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to +1 on the Fuel Moto package.

Simple install took less than 3 hours start to finish for mufflers, intake and PC5, and it runs excellent for the 400 or so miles since.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

It amazes me that people want to throw rocks at the Power Commander when its been around for years and you see thread after thread full of satisfied users. The ONLY people I've ever heard that were not happy with them were the ones who, with little or no experience with them, got out their little laptop and started messing with the map. Then when things went wrong they wanted to blame the hardware instead of themselves, oh yeh I have heard of a few who got it dynoed by some podunk who didn't know what he was doing and therefore they were not happy either. I guess its easier to blame the hardware again than to admit to yourself you through away $300-$400 at Podunk Dyno Tuning. If you are willing to not do any self adjusting "AKA" keep your hands off the map, you can't go wrong with Fuel Moto's Power Commanders and maps to obtain a cooler running, smooth riding, good sounding, decent performing,dependable ride. My O2!

Last edited by Deepsouth251; 01-06-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply: FuelMoto, Jamie and the new PC-V