Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So...what's so good about a touring model anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
The_Nothing_Man
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
We are in the middle of trying to find the best HD dealership to purchase our new Ultra Classic from. We are trading my 08 Sportster Low in on a new Ultra and getting MSRP for my Sportster and we would get the same amount for it at any participating dealer. Only thing is though, we're trying to decide which place will sell us one at the best price. It seems that lots of places don't give the usual buyer perks when using the Sportster incentive. For instance, some won't give us the $1000.00 of parts, clothes that come with a usual purchase and some will. Right now we're still checking them all out to find out which will give us a good deal. I tell you one thing though, HD dealerships DO NOT act like they are hurting for business. It's like a "take it or leave it....the next guy will buy it if you don't" attitude that STILL prevails. Oh well.

The wait is killing me. I'm not very patient. So in the meanwhile, though we have already made up our minds on purchasing an Ultra, I'd love for you to ease my pain of waiting and tell me what you love about your touring bike (no matter which one). How much better is it on trips than what you had before....and just what's so good about it?

Tell me anything......anything will help! Thanks!
I just traded my 07 XL1200C for a 09 RKC... I received my purchase price for the 07 and money off on the 09. I never heard of $1000.of free goods. Anyway you look at it and no matter what they give away they are making money. I went to HD of youngstown OH in Bike Town USA. Great people and so far good service...the 09 sould be here in 7 to 10 days. Good Luck !

Old 01-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because the wife is happier on the Ultra!! Really a nimble bike to be as big as they are and like the others have stated "Comfort". I agree with you Rhonda the wait stinks but it is worth it, be careful spending much time on here it gets expensive, so when the hubby starts spending $$$ just go with it.