Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So...what's so good about a touring model anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
backnasaddle
Tourer

Hop on the Sporty and try to go 500 mi. You won't have any more questions and you won't mind the wait for the good stuff!!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Had a Fatboy and did 8-10,000 mile trips twice a year with the wife two up........got an Ultra early this year and did two 8000 mile trips......

the difference COMFORT.........got off the Ultra at the end of the day and was a little stiff for a few minutes.....then we were ready to go to dinner......when we were on the Fatboy the stiffness rarely went away day to day........

If you're gonna tour....get a tour bike.....pretty simple...

Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
rfultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st thing is the Ultra makes me so good looking. No one looks bad on one.

2nd thing is a phrase that came from one the guys on this forum some time back, and i can't remember who said it but it goes like this. "It is pretty neat being the cool friend that all your buddies tell others about."

Good luck

Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
ron bayless
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tn_chopper_man
Comfort....Once you get one you'll never go back.
Good luck and Ride Safe!!!
YEP,I AGREE.traded in my 1200 low for my ultra.I guess you are buying the ultra for that reason? Man my wife loves riding on my ultra,she wouldnt ride on my sportster with me.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
IRready
Road Master

I went from a Softail Deluxe ( A VERY nice ride) to a 09 Ultra. All I can say is you are going to love it. You will ask yourself the same question I keep asking myself, "Why did I wait?" They are very very nice rides. Do yourself a favor and do not wait to install synthetic oil along with a fuel management and AC to free up the engine and remove the dreaded heat the 96" gives off. I went with a TFI fuel management, Screaming Eagle AC, JackPot slip on pipes with Mobil one syn oil, redline tranny fluid for 6 sppeds and could not be happier. Good luck and ride safe.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sam Cooke is better'n Tiny Timmy anyday ..

Well I bought my first bagger in 78 , second in 84 , third in 88 and fourth in 08 ..

Wanna ride in comfort and feel refreshed at the end

I cant guarentee you they'll do yawl like they did me , nor do I know how far your willing to travel to save a few bucks , but my last dealer purchase in July , they knocked 10% off all accessrories we bought at purchase ( Ultra TP and all the extras that went with it ) on the Roadie .. then gave us a $500 GC for use there only ,a nd everything we bought with it was 10% off as well ..

PM me if you want a phone number

Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Can't go wrong with a Tourer would have went Ultra if wife rode all the time but she just goes now and then but love my EGS more every ride even solo .. But will keep my sportster forever ... Old, maybe but still have a lot of kid in me for having fun ..

Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I guess they get the Rush slip ons and the Power commander for free as they kept the orignal pipes and nothing you can do about the Power Commander.
screw that! doesn't someone have a stock exhaust that you could get from them? if it was older, i could hook you up, but they changed exhaust in 04.

even if not, you can still yank that power commander out of there before the dealer gets a hold of it.

and to answer your question, after riding 500+ miles, when the trip is done, with a sportster you're pretty beat. with a touring bike, you're ready to go party! what more do you need?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:57 PM
comaman2
Banned

evey thing

Quick Reply: So...what's so good about a touring model anyway?