Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks Windshield!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 AM
08roady
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Klock Werks Windshield!

Anybody here have one of these? I am thinking about getting the 12in tinted, but was wondering what you all think first.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 AM
rfultra
Road Master

Don't have one myself, but a friend has a shorter one on an Electra Classic, and swears by it. Says it blocks more wind than the original shield.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 AM
08roady
Tourer

rfultra, he has the 8in? And he is saying that that one blocks alot of the wind? Good, then the 12 should do real good!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 AM
saw*me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No opinions yet but I ordered the 8". should be here this week.

Tom

Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 08roady
Anybody here have one of these? I am thinking about getting the 12in tinted, but was wondering what you all think first.
do a search here, probably a million hits on it by now. some love it, some hate it. I tried the 8", too much wind noise, I have the 12" on there now... I love the looks, I get a good amount of wind but not too much in my opinion, cause we are riding a dang motorcycle after all... but ymmv. I do have to wear earpluga above 55-60 tho. You definately will NOT have a 'cone of silence' with this shield, if that is what you are expecting, should probably look elsewhere.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive had both, a 8 and a 12. Key word in that sentence 'HAD'. Im 5'6" so I should get more coverage with any shield, than say, a person 6'. I tried the 12" first, and while it looks cool, and probably does add to down force on a RG, I couldnt hear my radio at highway speed. Then I was sent a 8" to try, same results. For me it took the touring out of my bike, but it made for a great looking bar hopper. If you think you want to try one of these, contact Klockwerks direct and express your interest and concerns with trying one out. Make sure you ask about there return policy, should you not be satisfied. For me they were great to deal with, and I was very clear before the purchase about what I was wanting/needing from a windshield. I wasnt even out the money on freight.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:31 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

I'm 6'2" and have the 8 inch model, it suits my needs in the summer time.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by steveh326
do a search here, probably a million hits on it by now. some love it, some hate it.
+1 that's how I found this forum, in the first place. Read each thread carefully... a lot of BATWING riders love the KW... but their bikes and the SHARKNOSE bikes are too different to make comparisons meaningful.

And to add to your confusion... Cee Bailey now has a similar product, and similar pricing

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/fltr_sel.html

You'll find plenty of threads regarding Clearview, Cee Bailey, and Klockworks... A lot of folks will chime in about "fast-aire" and other brands... that they use on the batwing bikes... but many of these brands don't make shields for sharknose bikes...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 AM
RonB
Cruiser

I tried the 12" on my 09 RG, Turbulence just about ripped my head off at 70 mph, im 5'11"
they look great sitting still but if your going to drive any distance at x way speeds save your money.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Got a KW 12" tinted flare on my 09 RG - will sell it to you for $125 delivered if you use pay pal. Perfect condition.

Quick Reply: Klock Werks Windshield!