Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Centre stands on baggers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
BCguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I generally just ride off but on occasion when the ground is wet that don't work (wheel spin) so I push off standing beside the bike. Pretty easy even for my 165lbs and no, there is no tab like the jiffy stand.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Wineguy
Intermediate
Default Wheeldoc

Put on a wheeldoc in September at Street Vibrations. I love it. BUT one day i pulled into my driveway facing the garage doors and there is ever so slightly a small swail in the concrete for water to drain off, i got off the bike and opened the tour pak lid and the bike moved forward and came off the center stand!!! I grabed the backrest for the rider and froze, the bike was standing there and i slowly inched forward to grab the handle bar. I did by the way left the engine running so i could ot grab the throttle so i grabed the switch housing and slowly mounted the bike and took a deep breath. So now i am very careful where i put the center stand up.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the Wheeldock and ALWAYS park your machine with the front tire up, center stand or not.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 PM
08UltraRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mike5959
when the bike is on the wheeldock how hard is it to push forward and knock it off? Is there a tab like the jiffy stand?
It's designed as a "ride off" stand and if the bike is in neutral, it's VERY easy to push forward. Left in gear it's stable and stays put.

I got mine so I could store the Ultra tight against the wall in my garage so it takes up less room. Plus like others have said, it makes it easier to service etc.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08UltraRider
It's designed as a "ride off" stand and if the bike is in neutral, it's VERY easy to push forward. Left in gear it's stable and stays put.

I got mine so I could store the Ultra tight against the wall in my garage so it takes up less room. Plus like others have said, it makes it easier to service etc.
thats why I want it. So in my home garage I can keep it out of the way. I am super paranoid that my father or someone else will knock my bike over. For some reason no matter where I park It there is something almost leaning on it. And this is in a 2 car garage that has no cars in it. I also park in a tight garage at work and would like to be able to tighten up my parking situation.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
kpb46
Road Master

I have the Rivco center stand and love it, Just remember that a center stand and most stabilizer kits are not compatible.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
08UltraRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Silverstone
Who has a centre stand and are they easy to use? My 2nd bike,a BMW F650 GS,even with full luggage weighs about half of a fully loaded 'Glide. I just step off,hold the bike upright,flip the centre stand down and stand on the lever. The bike just pivots backwards onto the stand,hardly any effort required.
I'd hate to step off my 'Glide and try to pull it back onto a stand.
I'm looking at the H-D part no.91573-06. Can you flip this down and park the bike without getting off?
I DO NOT want to stretch my worm.
07FLHT
I'm glad I got a wheeldock.

It's almost effortless to get it on the stand if you're straddling the bike. I can easily put my Ultra up while stepping on the lever with my left foot with a small tug backwards. Check out this thread too...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ter-stand.html

Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
08UltraRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mike5959
thats why I want it. So in my home garage I can keep it out of the way. I am super paranoid that my father or someone else will knock my bike over. For some reason no matter where I park It there is something almost leaning on it. And this is in a 2 car garage that has no cars in it. I also park in a tight garage at work and would like to be able to tighten up my parking situation.
As long as the bike is left in gear you would have to be deliberate to knock it over or forward so if that were the case.... it wouldn't matter what you had.

My garage is 26 feet deep where my Ultra is up against the front wall and because it's upright... I have enough room to park my extended cab pickup with room to walk between them.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

+1 on the WheelDock EZ UP - Very easy to get the bike on and off. I normally just ride it off.

The WheelDock EZ UP also makes it very handy to kick back and take a nap. I just put the backrest in the tourpak and lay back. Great for extended waiting periods :-)

Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Silverstone
Tourer

Thanks guys,a thumbs up for the Wheeldock then.
I've just ordered one from Speedline Moto in London,England.
£200 shipped.
Cheers.

Quick Reply: Centre stands on baggers.