Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for table lift already have J&S jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a Handy lift from Broadway lift in CA. They had the best price around for a Handy.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gman
got a Handy lift from Broadway lift in CA. They had the best price around for a Handy.

Man, that setup is the cat's ***! You got the drop down tail, side extensions, the whole shootin' match. The deal that was the lead post on this thread looked okay until I noticed that the lift didn't have the drop down tail.

The Motorcycle Show is at the end of this month in Cleveland, I'm hoping Handy will be there with a show special.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain

snap-on makes a nice one

Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
turn8a
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCNFVR
I am looking for a table lift to use on my ultra.I have J&S jack but looking for lift to use for cleaning and other things.Looking to have a table lift to raise bike and not having to bend over for cleaning ect... have bad back and looking for easy to use and reliable lift for a reasonable price.Thanks for help and information.
I also have the J&S jack .....and I have the red table lift from harbor freight .It has been a good lift for me does everything i need it to do .But just like the J&S jack vs the other jacks I'm sure they're better lifts out there.
Harborfreight puts the lift on sale all the time and sometimes they offer 20% coupons I think I ended up paying about 250.00 3-4 years
ago.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91764

Last edited by turn8a; 01-04-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
url8
Road Master

I have the Direct Lift and love it. I really liked the Handy, my neighbor has one but it was $200.00 more not counting shipping. I was close enough to pick up the direct lift as a distributor was by my house. Very happy with it, great price!!

http://www.directlift.com/procycle.asp

Old 01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Rugar
Tourer

Originally Posted by turn8a
I also have the J&S jack .....and I have the red table lift from harbor freight .It has been a good lift for me does everything i need it to do .But just like the J&S jack vs the other jacks I'm sure they're better lifts out there.
Harborfreight puts the lift on sale all the time and sometimes they offer 20% coupons I think I ended up paying about 250.00 3-4 years
ago.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91764
Plus 1 on this lift.
Cant beat it for the money.

Pros:
Price
Very easy to jack up even if its not air/hydraulic (manuel jack only)
Very solid once its up more then 6" or so (see cons below)
Fairly easy to move around with bike on lift. Better casters might make it even better.

Cons:
Hardware. Cheap soft bolts for bolting on the caster wheels. I replaced mine with good bolts.
Although lift is solid in down position, it is wobbly once you start lifting until it gets above 6 to 8" high. After you get higher then that it is very solid.
Be careful the first few times you lower the lift with the bike on it until all the air gets out of the jack. It will come down fast. After that it is smooth as silk.
Tire vise is JUNK! I put this chock on mine and it works GREAT! Holds the bike till I get off and put tie down straps on it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96349

Overall a good lift for the price. Im very happy with mine!

Last edited by Rugar; 01-04-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:27 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raaze07
Man, that setup is the cat's ***! You got the drop down tail, side extensions, the whole shootin' match. The deal that was the lead post on this thread looked okay until I noticed that the lift didn't have the drop down tail.

The Motorcycle Show is at the end of this month in Cleveland, I'm hoping Handy will be there with a show special.

Broadway lift, found them on the internet, gave me a hell of a great price on the Handy lift, and they had it shipped with special rates direct from Handy. I did a lot of searching for the best price on a Handy with freight and they couldn't be beat.

http://www.broadwaylifts.com/Motorcycle_Lifts_s/3.htm

Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
GzrGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 100thRK
I have had one these Direct Lifts for years and it still works great. I would not be without a table lift!!!

http://www.directlift.com/procycle.asp
What he said. Had it for a few years now, and it's great. Got the side extensions, for extra space for tools and other stuff.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:19 PM
RCNFVR
Cruiser

What did he change out old front wheel vise with?another vise or a wheel chuck like heavy duty one that Harbor freight has? Thanks

Old 01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 to the Handy from Broadway Lift. Got one from the same place myself. There are others that are very good also - DirectLift, Kendon, ProLift. Then there's Harbor Freight - need I say more?

Quick Reply: Looking for table lift already have J&S jack