Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't think it would happen....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009 | 07:54 PM
PhilM
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Didn't think it would happen....

but I found a windshield that looks better on my RG than the Klockwerks shield.

Recently, someone posted some pics of his RG with several Cee Bailey shields on it. They look very similar to the KW that I have. I love the look of the KW, but the wind NOISE is a killer ~ at speed.

To the best of my ability, I compared the pics to mine and it looked like the Cee Bailey (Euro model) was a bit bigger than the KW and just might help with that wind noise. I called Cee Bailey and chatted with them about it and decided to order one. To my surprise, they offer the tall (Euro) one in a dark smoke even though it's not listed on the website. I got the darkest one I could get and it was delivered today ~ Saturday! I got home like & like ay good kid at Christmas, I ripped it open and installed it.

It REALLY looks sweet!!!! Believe it or not, even better than the KW! I think the theng that makes it look better is the fact that I got it in dark smoke, rather then just smoke.

I only got a short ride in tonight, but it sureseems like it's gonna be a LOT better, from the NOISE perspective!!!!

Here are a few crummy pics in my busy garage. I'll take some more outside when I get a change & the sun is out.

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:09 PM
cropsure
Cruiser

That looks really good. I ordered a Clearview yesterday and I hope it ends up being worth the price. If not, I may try one like yours.

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:15 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I knew this one was available in the dark smoke and I myself almost ordered it, same as yours. It is listed on their site where the prices are located (dark tall). I opted for the sure thing though and went with a Clearview +1" light grey. That I know will be great, no chances taken. It does look good though! Lots of guys buy for looks first and regret it later on. Hope you are not one of them..

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:18 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

Great looking shield. Really complements the black paint.

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:28 PM
valleybuck
Tourer

Looks great.

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:34 PM
rfultra
Road Master

Looks really nice.

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:37 PM
D34
Tourer

Looks fantastic!

Old 01-03-2009 | 08:39 PM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp

I like it... I have been thinking about the Clearview, I heard the KW's wasn't all it's cracked up to be, and now you've thrown this one in the works...

Old 01-03-2009 | 10:07 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Phil...that Cee Baileys looks good! In fact it looks better than the KW IMO. If it gives you the clean air cover and excellent wind protection the FLHT SSC's do, you're gonna be real happy!
I have three of those and use them for long rides.

Old 01-03-2009 | 10:14 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior

Phil that wind noise is what killed it for me on the KW (BRUTAL) let me know what the wind noise is like on that new Cee Baileys, looks like a smoother curve on the step. One quick question Phil, how much taller and how much futher back is the CB compared to the 12" KW? Looks Great by the way!!!!

Quick Reply: Didn't think it would happen....