Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: Mustang seats - review or pitures

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 PM
scooby doo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Mustang seats - review or pitures

OK guys, looking for a little help and advice. I need another seat that's better for the wife with longer runs. I'm 5'9 190 so I don't want anything raising me up and she's only 110 5'5.
I've read all the comments on the sundowner but not really sold on it.
I love my Mustang tripper for around town and think it's good quality so I've got a couple in mind.

Mustang One Piece smooth touring. Front width 17 rear 14
Mustang One Piece Sport Touring Front 15.5 rear 11

I've been through all 145 picture threads and don't see these or if they're there it isn't in the write up.

Anybody running with these: comments and pictures please

Going on 08 FLHX (just for trips)

Old 01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
moonie
6th Gear

We have the mustang one piece smooth touring 17f/14r.
My wife says a wider seat is more comfortable, she wants to wiggle around. She can spend a week sitting back there with 'almost' no complaints. I really like the mustang smooth tour also, with the added backrest kit (and chubby 518 handlebars on a RK) I sit up perfectly & ride all day, no problem. She's 5'8 140, I'm 6- 220.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:17 AM
07BlkCherryUltra
Cruiser

You can see my seat in the picture below. I like it alot. I'm 6"3' and 270 lbs. My passenger 5"3' and 125 likes it also.

My biggest (only) gripe is that my left leg would go numb after 200 miles. I have had the stock seat redone with mean city cycles and I am lower now. My 5"3' passenger can easily flatfoot while seated. Can't say anything else about the seat, I have only ridden 75 miles over three trips and that's not enough to make any fact based judgement.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I've used the one piece touring seat on a couple different rides then the SG. Had great comfort with both. Hope that helps your decision a little .Had the same issue,the wife needed a more comfortable seat.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:05 AM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a Mustang sport tuoring seat I do not carry a passenger much a few times my wife was on it she said it was a good seat .I do have pics if you need them.i did ride a girl in the hog chapter about 175 miles she also said it was good. it is smaller the the big touring seat so I guess you will be giving up some for better looks,but that is how it always goes I also have the mustang solo witch is basicaly the same but with no back part

Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Apostle
Advanced

I just got a mustang solo in response to all of the feedback on this forum. I had a Mustang solo on my Deuce - GREAT seat. I could do 500 miles on a softail wiht no issues at all...

Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 AM
G wizz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by moonie
We have the mustang one piece smooth touring 17f/14r.
My wife says a wider seat is more comfortable, she wants to wiggle around. She can spend a week sitting back there with 'almost' no complaints. I really like the mustang smooth tour also, with the added backrest kit (and chubby 518 handlebars on a RK) I sit up perfectly & ride all day, no problem. She's 5'8 140, I'm 6- 220.
A+ on the Mustang smooth touring seat. Stock Harley seat gave me a pain in the A$$.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:07 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The one piece WILL raise you up, (at least the big one, dont know about the sport touring)

I suggest the solo/pillion

see here:
http://home.comcast.net/~kceder/seats/seats.html

Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't have to be limited to a one piece seat. You can get the Vintage Solo which will lower the driver (I have it on a SG) and use any number of different passenger pillions. You can also outfit that combo with a removable drivers backrest. Very comfortable.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Tyroneshoelaces
Cruiser

Just keep im mind, all A$$'s are different. What may work for one person may not suit another. I have the touring 1 piece on mine and I find it to be a graet seat for me. It does seem to push me forward a bit. I tried the sport tourer and found it to be uncomfortable for rider and passenger. So basically it is trial by fire like anything else.

Quick Reply: HELP: Mustang seats - review or pitures