Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please get rid of orange turn signal lens

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:41 AM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Know what you mean, I cringe everytime I see one of them big honkin rider backrests

Old 01-03-2009, 10:11 AM
jmeyer58
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

I hate to point this out but when Jrsess said he HAS to have orange in Florida it was a joke about Florida and oranges, not a DOT requirement. Smoke is legal in all 50 so long as you have orange bulbs behind the lens so they light orange. You guys are killing me LOL.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:03 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Every time I see a bike on this forum with orange turn signal lens, I cringe! Especially if the bike color really doesn't go with orange. It doesn't cost that much to change them over to smoked ones. If you have orange lens covers, please change them at once!
Ok Ozoneman........I hate to make anyone cringe. You send them and I'll put them on! Thanks

Old 01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jmeyer58
I hate to point this out but when Jrsess said he HAS to have orange in Florida it was a joke about Florida and oranges, not a DOT requirement. Smoke is legal in all 50 so long as you have orange bulbs behind the lens so they light orange. You guys are killing me LOL.
If you have to explain it, it's not funny. Especially when someone else said it.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good topic for a cold snowy day in the beatiful NorthWest. 3 more inches of snow last nite. I just changed out my orange lenses for smoke 2 days ago. I plan on putting the red led's in the back for better visiblity.
I love this forum such comradery amongst us all.

Tim

Old 01-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

I like orange lenses.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Here is mine:

Whatcha think?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Every time I see a bike on this forum with orange turn signal lens, I cringe! Especially if the bike color really doesn't go with orange. It doesn't cost that much to change them over to smoked ones. If you have orange lens covers, please change them at once!
Every time I see a bike on this forum with the smoke turn signal lens, I cringe. Especially if the bike color doesn't go with smoke. Change them out right now !! Or else I'll have a fit !!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

You can not mix lenses, it's an unspoken old school ripped up jeans greasy t-shirt HD riddin' **** of a rule. If 1 lense is smoked all lenses must be smoked, including tail, fender tips and tour paks. So get busy. Personally, my Ultra is all red in the rear and amber in the front...as the God's of In the wind intended it to be! (my Super Glide Custom is another story, 100% smoked on her)

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 01-03-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
You can not mix lenses, it's an unspoken old school ripped up jeans greasy t-shirt HD riddin' **** of a rule. If 1 lense is smoked all lenses must be smoked, including tail, fender tips and tour paks. So get busy. Personally, my Ultra is all red in the rear and ameber in the front...as the God's of In the wind intended it to be! (my Super Glide Custom is another story, 100% smoked on her)
Sounds like a good rule, that's the way my '03 RKC was set up, and since I can't imagine how I would go about smoking everything on the back of the Ultra I'm going to follow your lead for now, all red in the back and amber in the front!

Quick Reply: Please get rid of orange turn signal lens