Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please get rid of orange turn signal lens

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:52 AM
amore
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If our bikes came with stock smoked lenses we would want orange.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 AM
ayebyte
Tourer

Check the law....here in PA. some stupid a$$ trying to justify their job came up with: If your rear lights stay lit, the have to be red.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
This is a good idea, I've thought of doing this, but I'd still keep my front turn signals smoked.
I run the run/turn/brake controller with red in back and poser smoke in front, never had any issues with Indiana LEO's. Ride occasionally with in-laws two of which are IMPD and they never say a thing.

Except the time one of them caught me doing 80 mph on I465 and waved me to lay back. Of course they immediately called my daughter to tell them they "caught" her Dad, laughing fortunately!

There has been discussion on another thread about the HD version of controller I run decreasing the power to the converted turns in the back so i am planning on switching to these or similar LED's.

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/glide_lights.htm (hopefully there is a forum sponsor who sells them?)

Old 01-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
Too many of you have the smoked lenses, it's not unique anymore, I'm ridin my orange all the way.
The only way you are ever gonna have something unique on your bike is if you make it yourself. It is not about being unique for me. It is what I like. And I just like the monochromatic look. Have for years. It started way back in the mid-80's when I had smoke headlight and taillight covers on my car.

Could care less if no one else runs smoke lenses or every other person does. Big deal. Got one person to please. The one making the payments.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed the Brake light/turn conversion with the red lenses...Everyone I rode with said it looked like the brake was on all the time.. Switched back to Orange lens and complaints went away..Smoked look like crap..so you take them off....

Old 01-03-2009, 08:48 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

I personally don't care for the look of the smoked lenses. Look cheeseball imo. But what do I know..lol.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:49 AM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The smoked lenses are the one thing that always makes me cringe when I see them on someone's bike. I guess I'm just not cool enuf to get it.
But the 3-way turn signal/brake light conversion definitely do their job!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:52 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XXXRacing
I personally don't care for the look of the smoked lenses. Look cheeseball imo. But what do I know..lol.
Yep......just like skulls, paint, billet, stock, etc it's all personal choice. Dress or don't for what YOU like.

Good looking bike BTW XXXRacing, first time I saw it on here, the gray denim(?)/black combo is killer.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

To each his own.
I went to clear, but when I put visors on, orange seem to look better on my bike. On the back, the always on red lens kit does the trick. Looks good with visors and gives you good visibility.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:26 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Every time I see a bike on this forum with orange turn signal lens, I cringe! Especially if the bike color really doesn't go with orange. It doesn't cost that much to change them over to smoked ones. If you have orange lens covers, please change them at once!
Ill change my lenses when you get rid of that cheesy *** chrome bar surrounding your tour pak brake lights. Dumbest looking thing I've ever seen put on a bagger.

I take that back, the companion piece that surrounds the rear blinkers is worse.

Last edited by flyingace; 01-03-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Please get rid of orange turn signal lens