Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have Ultra Classics? Show me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many have Ultra Classics? Show me!

I'm sitting here tonight thinking of when we finally get our Ultra Classic either this month or Feb. (whenever the dealer can get a black one in for us). You know how it is when you're waiting on something....your mouth starts watering and all you can do is think of the trips you will make, how good it will look, etc.

Getting an Ultra will be a big step for us as we have been riding 2 up on a Heritage Softail Classic for years (not counting the times I've ridden my own). Last summer we rode the Heritage on an 1100 mile trip and it was great. But I can't help thinking about how even greater a trip like that would be on something like the Ultra.

So with all this thinking and waiting.....I sure would like to see a pic of yours. What, if any, changes have you made to it?

Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM
rfultra
Road Master

The wife is so spoiled.

How many have Ultra Classics?  Show me!-12-08-12-.jpg

How many have Ultra Classics?  Show me!-12-08-5-.jpg

Old 01-02-2009, 05:34 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Lots of cosmetic changes to mine. Painted inner fairing, chrome all over, Hogtunes, etc...wheels are on my workbench right now, freshly powdercoated gloss black (and they look mahvelous!!) Wide whites should be arriving tomorrow. Otherwise I run a T-Max with V&H Propipe (sigpic still shows Rineharts), momma needed Kury adjustable passenger pegs.

Also on my workbench is a centerstand, I can't wait to install it. It never ends!!

Old 01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MY sig pic shows my new Ultra. Only had her for 5 weeks, and I just got her out on the road for the first time on Monday (damn snow!).

No mods yet, added the alarm, planning on installing my Hog Tunes front speakers, the dual bulb headlight, passenger grab rails, rider adjustable backrest, tour pack luggage rack with LCD light, trim rings on the lights, new horn cover, headbolt covers, etc., etc.

Even with an Ultra I still managed to find $2500 worth of bling that I just have to have.

Already forgot - I added the Wheeldock EZ up center stand too!

Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Glideguy08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't did anything to my Ultra yet. Had to get past Christmas first. Now it's time to get down to it.....LOL. Glad to hear your getting a Ultra Rhonda you will love it for sure. My wife sure loves this one. If you want to come to Ohio our HD Dealer has had a Black 09 Ultra on the floor over a month now. My sales man has been tempting me evertime I walk in.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Rhonda, You know I had to post here for you.

Also, wife took her first ride on it yesterday. We only got to ride for about 70 miles. Her exact words. WE ARE KEEPING IT!

It took her a couple miles to settle down, as it has been awhile since she rode with me. And she didn't quite know what to expect. At one point, she gave me the sign to kick it up a notch and I did, she looked over my shoulder and seen the speed and then the sign to slow down. Afterwards she told me it seemed we were going slower than what we actually were. Her comment, That is one smooth riding machine. She says she is pretty sure she can get used to it and is already planning a weekend trip for us on just the Ultra.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

We've added some chrome, windshield trim, turn signal w/trim rings, fender lenses smoked now, trim rings, passenger footboards, removed the bumpers. We're looking into stage one mods/cams for the near future and that's about it. For now......
How many have Ultra Classics?  Show me!-ultra.jpg

Old 01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
pro2slow
Cruiser
Talking

Haven't done a lot. added chrome passenger floor board covers and matching front fender skirt. luggage rack and highway pegs. removed the front bumper. the rear one comes off next week...... Never really liked the Ultra but wanted the wife to be comfee. Now that we have it, I love it. She wanted red and I wanted blue. Guess who won.

Attached Thumbnails How many have Ultra Classics?  Show me!-dsc06149.jpg  

Last edited by pro2slow; 01-02-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stultra
We've added some chrome, windshield trim, turn signal w/trim rings, fender lenses smoked now, trim rings, passenger footboards, removed the bumpers. We're looking into stage one mods/cams for the near future and that's about it. For now......
Attachment 19099
I was wondering about removing the bumpers. They don't leave any extra holes in the fenders do they? I'm guessing the rail stays on, just the bumper comes off?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 PM
pro2slow
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Raaze07
I was wondering about removing the bumpers. They don't leave any extra holes in the fenders do they?
no holes left. easy to do and looks much better

Quick Reply: How many have Ultra Classics? Show me!