Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have Ultra Classics? Show me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm absolutely drooling here at my computer looking at all the beautiful Ultras you all have! I think the black one is beautiful that we are getting, but now seeing all the other colors, well.....

Please don't stop!

Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here ya go............you can see a pic in my signature, or click on the link for a whole list of add-ons and more pictures.

Steve

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Gambler1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my second Ultra you will love the first. Sit back put the cruise on crank the jams and roll.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Rhonda,

Here is mine, I haven't done alot to it yet, but I removed the saddlebag rails, both front and rear bumpers are gone, since this photo was taken, added the Zumo, various cosmetic things (floorboards, grips etc.. )

And then I took her to teh Pinstripper...he did all the stripping and the other artwork.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Holy cow what a nice bike!! Thank you so much for the very valuable information on the comfort of the bike. I sure will take all those into consideration. Hmmmm....my husband won't be the only one shopping for the bike stuff, lol!

I would like to hear what else you've done with it too.
For your husband's comfort, the gel inserts in the seat will help him too. He also may want to consider the backrest for himself. I really like it. He will need highway pegs so he can change his leg positions on long rides as well.

I also found the different mirrors that I have (chrome oval billet) help me see around myself better. The stock ones are lower and don't see as well over your shoulders. You can buy these much cheaper than the HD ones.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-BILLET-OVAL-MIRRORS-4-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-SPORTSTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35564QQihZ002 QQitemZ120322417614QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

For looks, you will want to change the handgrips. That is a must! The stock ones are just ugly! I changed the heel/toe shift levers to the billet style to match the mirrors. I changed the windshield to a 10 inch (lightly smoked) one so I could see over it, but it still shields the wind and bugs well. I don't know if the 09 comes with smoked adjustable air deflectors on the side of the top fairing, but I added those to mine and that helps for cooling in the summer and keeping warm in the cooler weather.

The chrome windshield molding, chrome tour-pak accent rail, chrome voltage regulator cover, chrome passenger footboard covers, road king classic fender skirt, chrome instrument bezels, chrome radio trim and chrome speaker trim adds a lot to the looks of the bike. I also have chrome headlamp trim ring, chrome passing lamp trim rings, and smoked lens for the turn signals. I went with the Nostalgic footboard inserts for the rider and passenger footboards as well as the Nostalgic shifter pegs and brake pedal pad. Most recently I had the inner fairing changed to the color of my bike and added a chrome wheel and polished rotors.

Here is some of the chrome trim, mirrors, and adjustable air deflectors for you to see how it looks. I just ordered chrome hand controls and switch housings to be added later.

If you have any questions, please let me know. By the way, did you get an accessories catalog from your HD dealer?

Last edited by Ozoneman; 01-02-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Here is my Black 09 FFSE. I agree with those on here regarding the passenger adjustable pegs from kury.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I'm absolutely drooling here at my computer looking at all the beautiful Ultras you all have! I think the black one is beautiful that we are getting, but now seeing all the other colors, well.....

Please don't stop!
Well if you think the black is beautiful than you'll like my girlfriend Raven drool all you want but not on the bike STEP AWAY FROM THE BIKE!!!!!

Last edited by hockey8787; 01-02-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:25 PM
sungoldultra
Intermediate

Rhonda, the wait is sure a bummer. My '09 Ultra is being shipped March 1st according to the dealer. I ordered it a month and a 1/2 ago. It is two tone red hot sunglo/ smokey gold with ABS, and smooth wheels. Can't ride it anyway due to it being 6 degrees tonight with more snow coming tomorrow. It was a record snowfall here in Northeastern Wisconsin for December. When it does come in, she will have to rest for a while in the dealerships heated showroom until I can get her home. Stick in there, spring will come!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 PM
myred55
Road Master

No add-on's. Love her just the way she is. 3 weeks old.

Attached Thumbnails How many have Ultra Classics?  Show me!-dsc04566r.jpg  
Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome Ultra's

Last edited by bksmoky; 01-03-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Quick Reply: How many have Ultra Classics? Show me!