Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boogey Lights - LED's for your Bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:50 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boogey Lights - LED's for your Bike

Has anybody bought Boogey Lights from www.boogey.com ?
I like the versatility of cutting the lights to length, and their service after the sale looks good too, but I am concerned because the lights seem to be too "exposed" and therefore maybe more subject to breakage or contamination from road grime, etc.
The only complaint that seems to be common with them is that the lights are too bright! Anybody out there running them with a rheostat?
I believe the kits are on sale plus free shipping right now, so I figure it might be a good time to buy.
Pics would be nice if you got 'em!
Thanks,
EGK

Old 01-01-2009, 08:21 PM
lockshop
Tourer

I had them install at Laconia bike week 2006 so far so good.

I don't have a great pix but here you go.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

They do look cool but check local and state laws. Here in VA they are illegal to have on when you are riding.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
smaentz
5th Gear
Default Additional Boogey Lights Discount for HD Forum Members

Hi EGK,

All of the photos on our website are actual photos I've taken of customers' bikes. They have not been enhanced with Photoshop and they closely represent the end result you can expect on a similarly equipped ride. A good representation of the Ultimate Engine Kit can be found here: http://boogey.com/flexible.htm. We've been selling this product since 2006 and it is very reliable.

Additionally, I provide how-to videos on our TV site - http://boogeylights.tv - that take you step-by-step through the installation procedure. The products have a real lifetime warranty should any of the LEDs fail due to normal wear & tear.

Finally, I've published a promo code for an additional 10% discount for HDForums members. We'll be back advertising here real soon.

Promo code: hdforums

Regards,

Scott Maentz
President
Boogey Lights
scott@boogey.com

Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if you can't have them on while riding due to local laws, how long can you leave them on at bike nights before they kill the battery?

Old 01-02-2009, 02:01 PM
smaentz
5th Gear

Depends on the condition of your battery and the number of LEDs you have. You can run the Ultimate Engine Kit (78 LEDs = .75 amp) for several hours while parked with a good battery. You can run with most colors in most states. Biggest problems are with blue and red. You can't run with any of them on in Virginia, but I think sex is illegal there too. Most states are not like Virginia.

Last edited by smaentz; 01-02-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master

Originally Posted by smaentz
Hi EGK,

All of the photos on our website are actual photos I've taken of customers' bikes. They have not been enhanced with Photoshop and they closely represent the end result you can expect on a similarly equipped ride. A good representation of the Ultimate Engine Kit can be found here: http://boogey.com/flexible.htm. We've been selling this product since 2006 and it is very reliable.

Additionally, I provide how-to videos on our TV site - http://boogeylights.tv - that take you step-by-step through the installation procedure. The products have a real lifetime warranty should any of the LEDs fail due to normal wear & tear.

Finally, I've published a promo code for an additional 10% discount for HDForums members. We'll be back advertising here real soon.

Promo code: hdforums

Regards,

Scott Maentz
President
Boogey Lights
scott@boogey.com
Scott,
Thanks for your input to the Forum. I have spent a lot of time on your website, and watched all the videos. I think you've got a good product, but I wanted some HDF feedback. It never hurts to check with the family.
My concern was more centered on the "robustness" of the lights, since they appear to be exposed (not encased), including the leads to and from the lights that form the individual circuits.
I can see me mounting the lights under the bike or floorboards or in another exposed place, and them taking road crud or asphalt or a small rock, and getting trashed.
Also, the question of brightness comes to mind, as I would like to use a rheostat/potentiometer (I have one with the factory HD lights) to raise/lower the brightness.
Your website is thorough, but these questions still go unanswered.
Regards,
EGK

Old 01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
wolfshead1
Tourer

3 days on a good battery,I have boogies,they are brighter and better.Ohio and TX they are fine.Tell the copper they are side marker lights.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
smaentz
5th Gear

EGK,

The lights are extremely robust, you should have no problems at all with ground effects on the frame, under the floorboards, bags, etc. If a connector ever fails, you can plug the wire into any other. Most folks never have problems, those that do are generally covered under warranty. Just call!

You could dim the lights with something like a rheostat, but we only sell the ultimate remote for dimming. You also get strobe and breathing with that. Check out the kit with the upgraded remote and you'll have it all. With the discount code it's a sweet price.

I understand about checking with the family and so far the feedback looks quite positive to me. Thanks.

Scott

Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 AM
XfasteddieX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personaly i think they are way to expensive i buy all my leds from superbrightleds.com i do my own wiring its not that hard & very high quality a 30 led weather proof strip is 12 bucks & you can cut strip every 3rd led . ive hav them on my o5 eglide for 2 years no problems whatsoever .for 40 buckg you can buy 4 times the leds you can get from boogie lights.

Quick Reply: Boogey Lights - LED's for your Bike