Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boogey Lights - LED's for your Bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Good info. Thanks to all.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Raptor1956
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have got to be kidding. Those look like they are straight from the hood in East St.Louis. That has got to be one of the funkest things I have ever seen on a bike. LMAO to each his own.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 PM
2003flhtci
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XfasteddieX
i buy all my leds from superbrightleds.com
I haven't dealt with boogey.com but I have bought from superbrightleds.com...very satisfied with their prices and service. One of the things I bought from them was blue LED bulbs to replace the stock gauge bulbs on my Ninja. Direct swap. $6.

I wanted to do the same with my 'Glide, but the shop manual says the speedo and tach are: "LED illuminated. LEDs are not repairable. Assembly must be replaced if LED fails."

Old 03-17-2009, 01:05 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

talk to your state police. local authorities may not be well versed on legality. local cops and shops tell riders here in Alabama that they are not prohibited. State Trooper will tell you they are not permitted and can show you the written law's list of permissible lights. they are white and amber up front, red and amber from rear. no red can be visible facing the front.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
XfasteddieX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2003flhtci
I haven't dealt with boogey.com but I have bought from superbrightleds.com...very satisfied with their prices and service. One of the things I bought from them was blue LED bulbs to replace the stock gauge bulbs on my Ninja. Direct swap. $6.

I wanted to do the same with my 'Glide, but the shop manual says the speedo and tach are: "LED illuminated. LEDs are not repairable. Assembly must be replaced if LED fails."
i actually pulled my speedo & tach apart. cut a 9 led strip i think it was modified the inside if the speedo & tach housing & back side of face plate . put the red leds in side took out the stock leds & put back together . it was a job & i bought a used speedo off ebay for 60 bucks to use instead of tearing my original up.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Not to take away any business from a forum member or a sponsor...

But I run the Stingerz kit on my 09 SG. You can see from my sig pic what they look like at night. I got them from www.customdynamics.com and did the install myself in a day. Good price and great service.

I also added the Black Majic remote to the kit which does a lot of cool pattens. Different levels of solid, different flashing rates, a "Breathing" mode, and the remote turns them on and off from a good distance away.

The lights are trimmable also...but if you get the Cruiser Level 3 kit and install in the areas they are designed for...you won't need to trim them.

Also, they have 3M tape on 3 sides for variences in mounting options and the tape lasts. I had the same kit on the flat denim night train for over a year and several water washes and they never thought about coming off. Really tough and never had any issuea at all with the kit.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain

Originally Posted by smaentz
Hi EGK,

All of the photos on our website are actual photos I've taken of customers' bikes. They have not been enhanced with Photoshop and they closely represent the end result you can expect on a similarly equipped ride. A good representation of the Ultimate Engine Kit can be found here: http://boogey.com/flexible.htm. We've been selling this product since 2006 and it is very reliable.

Additionally, I provide how-to videos on our TV site - http://boogeylights.tv - that take you step-by-step through the installation procedure. The products have a real lifetime warranty should any of the LEDs fail due to normal wear & tear.

Finally, I've published a promo code for an additional 10% discount for HDForums members. We'll be back advertising here real soon.

Promo code: hdforums

Regards,

Scott Maentz
President
Boogey Lights
scott@boogey.com
I have the Boogie Lights TNT Kit (RED) on my EGS...im happy with it. If you'd run the forum discount again....I'll order more.

Billy G