Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mean city cycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
oscarg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mean city cycle

Has anyone tryed both mean city cycle seats and mustang seats? I have a mustang seat for my 09 ultra. but if a top of the line mean city cycle seat is better I my send my factory seat off and sell my Mustang

Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 AM
sporty06
Road Captain

Mean City can customize the seat to your needs and comfort. Mustang seats are all built the same. I had Mean City customize a Harley Sundowner seat for my wife and her sportster and was extremely pleased with the results.

I put a Mustang seat with driver backrest on my lowrider and was satisfied with the results. When my wife switched to a Heritage, I found a really good price on a slightly used Mustang seat with backrest for her and she is satisfied. If she decides she needs something else I will look at send the Mustang seat to Mean City for a custom fit for her.

I now have a Roadglide and put the Harley pillow look Ultra seat on it. I will be adding a Mustang Backrest. If I ever change seats I will probably go with a Mustang seat for the Roadglide because I don't need a custom fit.

We have been very happy with both the Mean City seat and the Mustang seats. You will get a custom fit for less money if you go with the Mean City Cycles seat. Mean City does have exceptional customer service. I also suggest you call Allen and talk to him before you send your seat in. He is very helpful in determining what you want and need.

sporty06

Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 AM
turn8a
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oscarg
Has anyone tryed both mean city cycle seats and mustang seats? I have a mustang seat for my 09 ultra. but if a top of the line mean city cycle seat is better I my send my factory seat off and sell my Mustang
I had a mustang day tripper solo for my sportster was not happy with it ........sent my stock solo seat to meancity for the comfort mod. sold the mustang seat.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:50 PM
oscarg
Road Captain

thanks anyone else??

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
dannyotelco
Novice

I have a 08 Ultra. I sent my stock seat to Mean City last Jan and had it redone. Seat looks great but after about 1 to 1 and half hours I had to stop. Sent the seat back and Allen redone it. I was still not satisfied. I ordered a Mustang solo and did a weeks ride up to Gatlinburg, The Dragon, and Blue Ridge Pky. The Mustang is great.

Allen is a great guy to work with. I am sure he would have kept trying had I asked but I opted for the Mustang. I still have the modified seat if anyone is interested.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a Mustang on my 2000 RKC and have a Mean City redo on my 2008 RKC and the Mustang sucks compared to what Allen did with the factory seat. The memory foam he uses is MUCH more comfortable than the Mustang ever was and was HALF the cost on top of that!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:58 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Mean City redo the Road King Custom seat I bought for my RK, they added foam, lowered the seat and the pricing with shipping was what I would consider a bargain.

You can alter a Mustang seat, I had the Vintage Solo on my Superglide done for $100.00 by Kalin's in CT, great work also, but I have to say Allen at Mean City took a long time to ask questions about me, my type of riding, etc. all with a no pressure attitude.

Call or e-mail them, they're a site sponsor.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

My 08 FLHR seat just returned from Mean City Cycle yesterday. Due to single digit temps I won't be testing it anytime soon, but I would like to make a few comments. This company has to be one of the best customer service companies I've ever dealt with. Starting with there website to speaking with them over the phone, Allen and Brent are a class act.

They listened to my needs and made the recommendations which just from seeing and feeling they made the right choice for me. And turn around time? Wow, they said have my seat to them by January 20 and they will start the work on the 21st. Then I get a call the 21st saying my seat is ready....... Fantastic! 2 days later it is Fedx to my front door. Looking at the seat I can't tell what they did which is the point, quality workmanship. The memory foam will speak for itself ( along with my rear end ) this spring I'm sure.

Thank you Mean City Cycles.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine is being worked on on the 27th...can't wait to get it back and see what kind of magic they have worked on it!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 AM
brinks13081
Cruiser

Mean City did my 09 Street Glide seat. I wasn't too impressed, should have kept it stock. I have a friend that has the Mustang and she swears by it.

Quick Reply: mean city cycle