Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mean city cycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:46 PM
SurfGuitar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I have the best of both...a Mustang solo that was modified by Mean City Cycle!

My bike is a '08 RKC. I wanted a solo seat, had a Mustang Vintage Solo on my previous Harley Street Bob which was great. I got a Mustang Studded Solo for the RKC, but unlike the one I bought for the Street Bob, it moved me up an inch and back an inch as compared to the stock seat. I have a 30" inseam, and it was difficult for me to flatfoot when stopped.

My brother also has a '08 RKC, and had the stock seat modified (lowered 1.5" + memory foam) by Mean City, and the results were amazing. It is probably the most comfortable cycle seat I've ever sat on.

Until recently, Mean City didn't work on aftermarket seats, but they do now. I contacted Allen at Mean City who walked me through the process and suggested lowering mine 1-1.5", doing their memory foam modification and slightly narrowing the front of the seat, making it easier to flatfoot when stopped. I got mine back earlier this week, and I am super pleased with the results. The seat even looks better after the modification, and Mean City's service is nothing short of amazing.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got a road glide seat back from Allen - it is winter here and I can't ride, but I did sit on it. It is an 08 seat and I have it on an 09 Street Glide. I noticed it lowered me a bit from the stock SG seat, but the big thing is he made it nice and narrow where my legs are when I stand, and it feels like I am 2 inches lower. He did the wide double decker for my wife - just sitting on it, it seems plush.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait a few months to see how it actually rides.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:12 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently got my stock '05 seat back from MCC. I had double decker memory foam done on the front & back and had it studded. They lowered me about 1" and moved me forward about an inch. It's way too cold and too much snow and ice out to ride it and give a detailed opinion. However sitting on it in the garage, I can feel the difference, but I won't pass judgement until I ride it.

I will say that the Guys at MCC seem to be real nice and thorough. I've never had 2 guys more interested in my *** before and I appreciate it. Well, hopefully my *** will. Do you think we should call them the "*** MEN"? Sorry Allen & Brent, just toying with ya!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 AM
ozzyg
Intermediate
Smile

Being a short guy ( 5'-6") I wanted the seat as low as possible. Brent at MCC told me the seat pan for the 08 EG didn't give him much room to work with but that he could get it lowered by 1/2 to 1" and take in some of the width. For the price ( $100 ) I thought it was certainlly worth it to give it a shot. Any thing I can gain in getting my butt closer to the ground is worth it to me.
They made the mods and had it back to me in 1 week. The workmanship is super. I can tell by pics of the seat before I sent it that they did what they said they were going to . But,, being that it is 1 below today I can't really test it out. As soon as the snow is gone I will be giving it the real test, but if it fits as well as it looks I am sure I will be happy.
I went with MCC because of all the positive responces here and because they are a sponsor.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Mustang on my Sportster and had my FZ1 seat done by Mean City Cycles. I have no complaints about my Mustang-much more comfortable than stock. Allen at MCC did a great job on my FZ1 so I recommend them as well.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 AM
StGlide07
Advanced

Mean City Cycle re-worked my 07 OEM FLHX seat. Spoke with Brent & Allen agree both very customer service oriented. Too cold to go riding. But seat definitely better. A simple cost effective upgrade.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Everyone has different butts and will have somewhat varying results compared to each model/brand etc. The real thing to consider is, is it worth it to send your stock seat off to have it modified on the cheap? In most cases I'd say yes.

100 bucks and might get a great seat?
OR
500 bucks and might get a great seat?

I have not had a seat modified by Allen. I use sundowners and not mustang SO, I am unbiased so to speak...

Good luck to all. Personally I would try Allen first.

lp

Old 01-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

Got my Badlander back from MCC today...
I couldn't be happier. They did exactly what they said they were going to do...lowered me, pushed me forward and narrowed the seat. The foam they put in seems like it is going to make the seat pretty comfortable too. Can't wait for the 3 weeks and days until I can ride (Daytona) since it's all snow and ice here.
The seat also LOOKS great. 100% satisfied.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain

Just sent my seat in today. But what I can say is when I talked to allen I gave him my size and what i wanted he gave me a recommendation. The thing I respect he didn't push the top of the line he didn't milk it for more then I needed. He recommended a seat that should make me happy without breaking the bank. should have it back around the 23rd or 24th will give a review then. But so far the service has been top notch.